Sr. Principal RF Microwave Design Engineer
Requisition ID: R10130377
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America | Unknown City, Maryland, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Senior Principal RF Microwave Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the Networked Information Solutions (NIS) and Payload and Ground Systems (PGS) cross-sector hardware organization.
Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. We are chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking experienced engineers in the following areas: Antennas, Electromagnetics, Computational Electromagnetics, and RF/Microwave design. The Senior Principal RF Microwave Design Engineer will join a team working toward advanced optimization algorithms that leverage high-fidelity Computational Electromagnetic (CEM)-based simulations. This position will support our NIS and PGS Business Units, located in Baltimore, MD.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Designs, develops, tests radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave systems architecture, Sub-systems, circuits, or products. Includes antenna design, both reflector and array systems, frequency synthesizers, transmitters, and receivers. General frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques. Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks. Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned.
In addition, this candidate should demonstrate familiarity/technical ability in one or more of the following areas:
- Active electronically scanned arrays (AESAs)
- Conducting Test Readiness Reviews (TRR)
- Documentation experience, generating test procedures, test reports, RF requirements, data analysis, data presentations
- Data Processing
- Highly integrated subsystems including antenna hardware
- Reflectors, Reflect Arrays, Digital Beam Forming
- Antenna/RF Performance Analysis
- Computational Electromagnetics, Statistics
- Antenna or Subsystem Control Design
- Antenna Measurements and Data Reduction
- Systems Architecture
- Antenna range integration, test, and system integration
- Subsystem requirements (hardware and software) derivation, flow-down, and configuration
Basic Qualification for Senior Principal RF Microwave Design Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of experience, a Master’s degree with 7 years of experience, or a PhD with 4 years of experience in a STEM degree or related discipline
- Experience with AESA’s
- Experience using RF test equipment (Signal Generators, Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, O-scopes)
- Knowledge of Multipaction Analysis and Theory
- Must be able collaborate in a team environment
- Must be able to lead and develop teams
- Experience presenting complex technical programs and concepts to non-technical personnel and customers
- Able to develop technical solutions to complex problems
- Experience using MATLAB, Python, C#
- Experience in HFSS, CST, and Spark 3D
- Must have current and active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI clearance
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience using modeling tools such as STK
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.