Sentinel (GBSD) – Principal Electrical Engineer – Instrumentation Systems Design - 7266
Requisition ID: R10117798
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer – Instrumentation Systems Design. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel – Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
The qualified candidate is responsible for electrical design and engineering analysis of RF and electrical LRUs. What you will get to do, specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
• Schematic analysis and design review
• Manage electrical interface characteristics
• Develop vehicle block diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams, and cables
• Instrumentation to gather data from system test in a lab and in a silo environment
• Provide technical oversight and issue resolution for hardware during development and test
• Provide technical direction and support to the hardware, software, and systems engineering teams in the development and documentation of hardware/software interfaces, including electrical harness design, routing, and RF system design
• Assist in risk identification and tracking, especially risks associated with Flight Termination and Telemetry
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• 5 Years of experience with a Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• Experience developing and managing technical requirements for military/aerospace subcontractors
• Strong CAD skills with experience developing wire diagrams or electrical schematics
• Experience designing, analyzing, and developing a power budget for an electrical power system of a military / aerospace system
• Experience with calibration and insulation of strain gauges
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Systems Engineering field of study
• US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• Prior weapon system experience (GBSD, Minuteman III or similar military or industry experience)
• Familiarity with Siemens Capital cable design tool or equivalent
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.