Sentinel (GBSD) Systems Engineer / Principal Systems Engineer- Infrastructure Design Engineering 10262 &10268
Requisition ID: R10119412
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking to hire a Systems Engineer/Principal Systems Engineer to its team of diverse and qualified individuals. These positions will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program. Learn more about the Sentinel program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
The Sentinel program has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join the Infrastructure and Deployment Integrated Product Team. This role will be responsible for the following key Systems Engineering scope:
- Developing and managing functional, performance, design, and compliance requirements for Weapon System infrastructure in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment throughout the design, construction, deployment, and qualification of the infrastructure.
- Performing analysis of conflicting requirements and design criteria, evaluating technical risk, cost, and schedule impacts, and developing well-supported solutions to resolve the conflicts.
- Identifying, quantifying, and managing internal and external interfaces between Real Property and Weapon System elements; driving data hand-offs between design teams; managing constraints and technical budgets; and ensuring technical integration across elements and subsystems.
- Developing Verification and Validation (V&V) requirements, methods, and plans, and working closely with the System Test and Deployment teams on the planning and execution of test and check-out activities.
The qualified candidate will be supporting a team of engineers to create and present systems engineering products at the appropriate level of maturation for any given milestone and demonstrating team readiness in relation to achieving the milestone entrance and exit criteria. The candidate will be identifying required contractual deliverables and non-contractual documentation and driving corresponding updates to closure. They will be coordinating and collaborating with diverse engineering design teams to assist in managing the technical baseline as well as the subcontractor systems engineering team to help facilitate the integration of their products with the larger GBSD program systems engineering products.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
- BS in STEM, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- Systems Engineer: bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of related systems engineering experience, 0 years with a master’s degree.
- Principal Systems Engineer: bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of related systems engineering experience, 3 years with a master’s degree.
- 2+ years’ experience is systems engineering principles and processes
- 2+ years’ experience in requirement’s management and verification/validation for complex multi-level systems and/or Systems of Systems
- Understanding of systems engineering principles and processes
- Demonstrated communication skills and flexibility
- •Experience with coordinating & collaborating with other technical and administrative disciplines and Integrated Product Teams
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance with capability for SAP access
- Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) programs or projects, or Master’s and 3-4 years’ experience supporting U.S. Government ICBM programs and projects
- A current DoD Top Secret clearance with capability for SAP access
- Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, other technical managers and customers
- Excellent technical writing skills, and team building skills
- Proficiency with DOORS, Cameo, and/or other Systems Engineering toolsets
- Experience with Model- Driven Systems Engineering languages (SysML /UML) and concepts and CORE knowledge
- Subcontractor technical oversight experience, specific experience managing Engineering, Building, and Construction Firms
- Experience with military system and subsystem testing and qualification programs
- Experience with building codes and specs, especially military construction
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.