Manager Engineer Digital Level 1
Requisition ID: R10116647
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Manager Engineer Digital Level 1 Programmable Logic Design for tactical missile system development and production programs in Northridge, CA.
Manager Engineer Digital Level 1 Electrical Programmable Logic Design for tactical missile system development and production programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Department Management Duties (20%):
- Manage Programmable Logic (digital design) team, matching skill level and experience to multiple program needs.
- Manage department resources including Information Technology assets.
- Work with Human Resources to open requisitions, interview, and hire appropriate candidates to maintain a balanced experience level within the department and allocate appropriate resources to meet program needs.
- Act as a resource to the department staff by providing guidance, interpretation, training and key input regarding operating procedures and processes.
- Manage the Programmable Logic Design Department budget, including salaries, bonuses, merit adjustments, and raises, as well as discretionary funding for ancillary department equipment.
- Work with department staff to develop continual growth opportunities.
- Work closely with Program Management to ensure programs are adequately and appropriately staffed
- Technical Expertise and Support (80%):
- The manager is well experienced in RTL coding and is proficient with hardware development tools using state of the art both Xilinx and Altera (Intel) FPGA development toolsets.
- Coordinate and execute engineering design and development activities in cybersecurity implementations.
- Possesses extensive knowledge with hardware design interfacing with FPGA.
- Promotes FPGA and HW design process from concept to test and delivery
- Supports writing BOEs and ROMs for future work
- Perform other duties as assigned. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 5 with BS; 3 Years with MS; 0 Years with PhD of experienced with RTL/FPGA cybersecurity implementations.
- Must hold an active DoD Secret Clearance.
- The desired candidate will be experienced in RTL coding using VHDL and/or Verilog, and is proficient with hardware development using state of the art toolsets for Xilinx, Altera, Microsemi, and Lattice components.
- Experience with design security features in Xilinx, Altera, and Microsemi FPGAs are an added plus, as is any experience in anti-tamper and cybersecurity implementations.
- Experience with high-speed communication ports is a plus. Direct Digital conversion experience / signal processing hardware experience / Data link experience is a plus.
- The candidate will also be experienced with the Mentor Graphics EDA toolset for design and simulation of circuits and be familiar with state-of-the-art programmable logic and electronic devices including high speed communication, embedded processors, and DSPs.
- Experience with the FPGA and HW design process from concept to test and delivery is also required. Hardware test and integration experience in a laboratory environment will include practical usage of a variety of test equipment including Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, and DMMs. Strong knowledge of programming languages including C/C++, as well as Microsoft Office is desired.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills are required, with the ability to communicate at a detailed technical level as well as the ability to distill advanced concepts into fundamental principles for teammates.
- Able to perform in a multi-disciplinary research and development environment.
- Experience desired in manufacturing support, characterization, test.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships with customers, coworkers, and vendors are a must.
- Ability to communicate findings to customers and management.
- Innovated thinker with a demonstrated ability of solving complex problems which require ingenuity and “out of the box” ideas. Ability to work with cross-functional team
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.