Sr Staff Engineer Digital
Requisition ID: R10129658
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Advanced Weapons Business Unit has an opening for a Sr. Staff Electronics IPT lead to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Northridge, California.
As the Electronics IPT lead you will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the Electronics development, integration, assembly, test, and checkout of advanced guidance solutions, including seekers, navigation sensors, apertures, signal processing and Guidance, Navigation, and Control algorithms for the Stand-in Attack Weapon missile system development. You will be accountable for the technical performance, staffing, and management of cost, schedule, and quality. Strong communication, collaboration, leadership, and team building skills are essential. Successful candidates are comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, aerospace team environment while possessing technical proficiency in analytical thinking, problem solving skills, and ability to interface across the different engineering teams. This position will require close collaboration with team members of other functional teams as well as working with the program to meet the customer’s needs in a competitive procurement environment. This role will report functionally report to Joanna Quan within Advanced Weapons Business unit Engineering and programmatically to the [Stand-in Attack Weapon Program Manager].
In this role, the selected candidate will (but not be limited to):
Serve as a liaison between the SiAW Electronics team and the other program teams to ensure successful design of SiAW missile. Manage the cost and schedule for the SiAW Electronics team. Manage the technical risk process for the SiAW Electronics. Performing evaluations of SiAW designs in the following major areas: Architect the electrical design for the SiAW missile upgrade Perform electrical design trade studies Power Subsystem redesign WOSA system design AT and Cybersecurity architecture Internal communication modifications for reprogramming Support mechanical, thermal analysis and trade studies Peer, design, and TIMS review support Evaluate subsystem specifications, ICDs, and ATPs Create design packages that include schematics, assembly drawings and layouts Create cable drawings Test subsystems and verify electrical operation in all environments Perform the design changes, analysis of the design and documentation of the design. Design verification and Acceptance test verification. Coordinate electronics design between the other SiAW teams and the Electronics team to minimize program risk. Provide the SiAW Program with access to expertise in the following areas: CCA design Programmable logic design Program Protection Implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited university with a minimum of fourteen(14) years of experience in electronics hardware and programmable logic development and integration, test, and evaluation.
- Experience as Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead, Technical lead, or other leadership role with demonstrated team building, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of flight hardware/software lifecycle and ability to lead design efforts, design test & evaluation, and/or transition designs into production.
- Active and current Secret DoD clearance
- Experience in development, integration, and test of Electrical Subsystems, Circuit Card Assembly and Programmable Logic Design
- Experience across all phases of a program lifecycle
- Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering and Agile Program / Project Management
- Experience in managing competitive supplier subcontracts
- Experience as a CAM managing EVMS projects
- PMP certification a plus
Living in Northridge offers a perfect combination of urban living with the beauty of nature. It is a short drive away from downtown Los Angeles, the Hollywood Hills, or the rest of the San Fernando Valley.
Take advantage of your flexible work schedule to enjoy shopping at the local Northridge Fashion Center or spend time at the local Recreation Center as well as easy access to nearby protected natural areas such as the Chatsworth Reservoir, the Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park, Lake Balboa or within driving distance, spend a day at the beach. With Cal State Northridge right in the heart of town, the area has an active college-town energy combined with family-friendly suburban charm. The stunning southern California climate makes for year-round easy living. With an average of 284 sunny days during the year, it is safe to say you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy your outdoor activities to the fullest.
To learn even more about our site please visit this link Northrop Grumman in Northridge, California - Northrop Grumman
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.