Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer IV (Electrical Engineering Systems Group)
Requisition ID: R10122447
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 5
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking a Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer III in our Chandler, AZ facility.
The Chandler group performs cradle-to-grave engineering on the majority of their launch vehicles. They are working on approximately 15 separate vehicles at any given time, among them are Antares, Minotaur, Pegasus, GMD, Sentinel, and many more. Their products serve a variety of purposes including ISS (International Space Station) cargo resupply, deploying defense satellites, developing missile interceptor technology, and providing much needed target vehicles to better hone our military capability. This means you can be part of the design, operations planning, ground support development, analysis, testing, integration, launch operations and more. There is plenty to do and learn that will reinforce your existing skillsets while also helping you learn what it takes to get a rocket to lift off and achieve orbit. Our department has a good variety of sub-groups to choose from where you can roll up your sleeves to become an industry expert or opt to pursue a more well-rounded approach while learning a little about everything.
Based on specific objectives, perform analysis, design, and/or test of complex designs. Perform comprehensive review of internal, external and range requirements to support launch vehicle system level design and vehicle subsystem design. Perform detailed analyses to support/verify designs and conduct briefings to management and customers. Lead development, coordination, and execution of test programs required to evaluate the design. Oversee component supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test. Lead troubleshooting efforts and comprehensive failure investigations. Mentor other engineers from a technical standpoint as well as perform senior peer review. Collaborate early and often with other engineering disciplines and operations/manufacturing groups.
- Broad understanding and application of company electrical engineering technical standards.
- Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Studies basic design concepts and criteria for more complex problems.
- Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
- Perform qualification testing, characterization testing, troubleshooting, and test data review of completed designs.
- Perform data analysis to identify trends that may indicate out of tolerance or degraded part performance.
- Perform testing to characterize off-nominal behavior of components.
- Actively and effectively participates and contributes in a positive manner while supporting team decisions and goals.
- Makes an extra effort to provide quality internal and external customer service.
- Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs.
- Disciplined with escalation when required.
- Derives requirements through multiple sources of documentation and design meetings.
- Evaluate uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and designs.
- Patriciate in trade studies for both internal projects and procured equipment.
- Act with safety as your number one priority through every aspect of the role.
- Provides formal peer review of engineering designs or analyses for team members.
- BS in engineering and 9 Years' Experience or 7 Years Experience and Masters
- Electrical engineering preferred.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret Security clearance is required
- Active Secret Security Clearance, or higher
- Prior experience with the design, test, and/or integration and deployment of electrical components or subsystems
- Release of engineering documentation including technical drawings, specifications, and test procedures.
- Burndown of nonconformances and/or root cause failure analysis of electronic systems.
- Problem solving not only for technical issues, but also for schedule, cost, resource and other project challenges.
- Mentoring and cross-training team members across a diverse set of technologies and electrical system architectures used to meet customer requirements.
- Knowledgeable with the use of basic test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, DMMs, and electronic loads.
- Experience using analytical software tools, such as MATLAB or Python, to analyze and reduce data to identify key characteristics and trends.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.