Principal Engineer Electromechanical (mmW/RF)
Requisition ID: R10128113
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Azusa, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector is seeking a Principal mechanical design engineer (Level 3) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in support of our hardware engineering department. This position will be located in Azusa, CA. This position will be on a hybrid schedule where most of the work will be done on-site, but we can accommodate partial teleworking upon business/program need.
Mechanical design and integration experience with willingness to help with real-time design changes supporting hardware integration. Must have experience with Radio Frequency (RF) or millimeter wave (mmW) products. Supports and participates in the design, test, modification, fabrication and assembly of electromechanical systems. Works on early stages of programs, RFI, Proposals, BOEs, etc. Takes ownership of tasks and follows through with excellent communication and problem solving ability.
- Must have experience with Radio Frequency (RF) or Millimeter Wave (mmW) products.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or STEM field and 5 years of related mechanical engineering experience, OR a Master’s Degree in a STEM field & 3 years of related mechanical engineering experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance (US Citizenship Required)
- Experience with PTC CREO
- Experience managing suppliers and integrating large assemblies.
- Previous Northrop Grumman experience
- Current & active DoD security clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.