Chief Antenna RF Engineer
Requisition ID: R10120079
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed energy and electronics solutions for national security, military, and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable, and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Antenna RF Microwave Design Engineer 7 to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals in Redondo Beach, CA.
Responsibilities not limited to demonstrating consistent and exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness, internal and external to the company, offering best value Antenna RF solutions to customers. Application and/or development of highly advanced and integrated Antenna RF technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts, forming a basis to new concepts or theories, resulting in redefining the state of the art in RF Antenna technology domain. Viewed as expert within the field and technical community. Able to communicate effectively and efficiently at the highest levels in the company, serving as a consultant in the long range technology planning and new or projected areas of research and advancement.
Responsibilities will span application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in Antenna technologies. Contributions to the development of new principles and concepts, collaboration with technical leadership on Antenna system requirements generation and associated flowdown, Antenna components and subsystem design/analysis, and Antenna system performance verification including range testing. Primary scope will involve development of mission-enabling Antenna products for space.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
· Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
· Educational Assistance
· Life Insurance
· Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
· Paid Time Off
· Health & Wellness Resources
· Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Plan, execute and support long-range department, discipline, and business unit strategic goals
- Plan R & D programs and recommend technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives
- Design research and develop highly advanced new applications for Antenna RF technologies resulting in new product/business opportunities for the company
- Develop advanced technology concepts and guide development into a final product
- Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of Antenna core business and associated programs
- Incorporate lessons learned and experiences in design/analysis, innovative thinking, and familiarity with the state-of-the-art
- Communicate information to project team and functional homeroom management, as well as fulfilling reporting requirements to customer & program management
- Identify and realize opportunities to reduce cost and improve processes
- Leverage experience within business capture and program execution to support existing and emerging business unit initiatives
- Serve as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs
- Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 20 years of experience with designing/analyzing radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave Antenna systems OR 18 years of experience with a Master's Degree OR 15 years of experience with a PhD.
- Expertise with CST Microwave Studio, HFSS, GRASP, FEKO, or other computational electromagnetics software tools
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain, and maintain a U.S. Government TOP SECRET security clearance
- PhD in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Electromagnetics from an accredited institution and at least 20 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment producing flight hardware.
- Experience with Payload CONOPS development with mission partners, Antenna RF system architecture development, Antenna RF system requirements generation/flowdown, Antenna RF system team leadership in design/analysis, and Antenna RF Payload level system performance verification including flight technology demonstrators, and programs of record.
- Technical breadth across the following areas: highly-integrated Antenna systems, phased arrays, analog beamforming, hybrid beamforming, digital beamforming, reflector Antennas, reflect-arrays, small aperture Antennas, frequency-independent Antennas, Antenna/RF system cascade performance analysis, linear and non-linear analysis, digital electronics (ASICs/FPGAs), power electronics, CAD modeling, statistics, systems engineering, and measurement data post-processing/reduction.
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept. of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
- SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Dept. of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.