Systems Performance Modeling Simulation and Analysis Engineer (Senior Principal Level; Active Secret Clearance Minimum Required; Redondo Beach, CA)
Requisition ID: R10127033
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America | El Segundo, California, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Systems Performance Modeling Simulation and Analysis Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Systems Engineering organization. This role is located in Redondo Beach, CA.
In this role, you will provide technical leadership and work in collaborative small team environments to conduct research and analysis, develop models and scenarios, and perform analysis of a wide variety of system types across multiple domains (friendly and adversary; ground, air and space) to drive the development of clean-sheet requirements, refine existing program system requirements, and influence the pursuit of future technologies and capabilities. You will work with air vehicle and subsystem engineers, as well as with program and customer leadership, to recommend candidate designs, and to develop Concepts of Operation (CONOPs) and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) at the system, mission, and campaign levels.
You will be responsible for developing new and/or integrate existing system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models.
- Lead teams in the technical execution systems analysis and simulation tasks/projects.
- Develop software and analytical tools to model behavior of systems in real-time and constructive simulations.
- Develop, integrate, and use advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools.
- Model operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures.
- Performs operational analysis and mission effectiveness analysis.
- Create and apply knowledge of TTPs to support blue/red kill chains across multiple security environments, programs, architectures, and platforms.
- Provide blue/red tactics and CONOPS modeling, simulation, and analysis in mission-level models to help accomplish long-term objectives related to program development, execution, and related research and development projects.
- Perform mission engineering activities to ensure continuity between desired operational capabilities and delivered system performance, through the Systems Engineering “V”. Ensure performance capabilities of new systems and architectures are traded against cost and mission requirements; develop operationally relevant mission scenarios; assess operational effectiveness of existing and emerging systems and capabilities in representative operational environments.
- Solicit input from various stakeholders, synthesize data, and communicate results to various levels of leadership within the organization.
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Educational assistance is available to employees who want to continue to learn and develop skills/knowledge. Our educational assistance program supports employee development by providing resources such as:
- Free Education Advice: Call 855-222-2398 to speak with an experienced advisor to tailor an educational program to your career goals and needs.
- Tuition Savings at Accredited Schools: Access a network of accredited schools in a variety of locations (and online) to take advantage of reduced tuition costs and waived fees.
- Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in a STEM discipline and 9 years of related professional/military experience in Systems Engineering, OR a Master's Degree and 7 years of related professional/military experience in Systems Engineering, OR a Ph.D. and 4 years of related professional/military experience in Systems Engineering
- Must have an active DoD Secret or higher clearance (with a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled into Continuous Evaluation).
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearance prior to the commencement of employment
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: Research, Analysis, and Creating Assessments of Foreign Threats to US Military Operations Modeling and Simulation of Radars, Missiles, Integrated Air Defense Systems (IADS), Air and/or Space platforms Analysis at the Survivability, Lethality, Vulnerability, Engagement, and/or Mission Level Low Observables (LO) Infrared (IR)/Electro-Optical (EO)/Acoustic Modeling/Analysis Electronic Attack (EA), Electronic Protection (EP), Electronic Countermeasures Red and/or Blue CONOPs and TTPs
- Operational military background or experience in any of the following: Fighter or Bomber Pilot, Electronic Warfare Officer/Weapons Systems Officer, Air Battle Manager, Intelligence Officer, Joint Duty Officer
- Experience with system of systems modeling tools: AFSIM, Suppressor, or Brawler.
- Familiarity with AGILE, MBSE, and/or system architecture.
- Effective project management skills and good communication.
- Experience with version control tools (Bitbucket, GitHub, Gitlab, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to present and brief technical data to all levels of leadership within the organization and U.S. Government.
- A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Top Secret security clearance with current or previous Special Program Access (SAP)/SCI.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.