Staff RF Sensors Engineer
Requisition ID: R10122420
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Staff RF Sensors Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems Air Dominance Division is developing advanced tactical aircraft for the current and future battlespace. The Mission Systems IPT is responsible for designing, developing, integrating, and testing RF sensors onto and into these airborne platforms.
The RF sensors engineer in this role will be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Electromagnetics modelling with analysis tools
- Defining, specifying, tracing, and modelling requirements for the next generation of advanced RF sensors
- These sensors include but are not limited to radar, electronic warfare, and multi-function apertures
- Modelling Electronic Support performance within a Mission Systems Suite
- Integrating the back end of RF sensors into a mission management network
- Technical management of RF sensors suppliers
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) and 14 years of experience in Engineering OR a master’s degree in STEM with 12 years of experience in Engineering OR a PhD in STEM with 9 years of experience in Engineering
- Must have an Active, In-Scope, DOD Secret Security Clearance or higher that has been granted / renewed within the past 6 years.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access.
- Knowledge of electromagnetics in the RF spectrum (VHF through Ka bands)
- Experience with Antenna testing and analysis
- Electronic Warfare experience
- Experience with sensor providers/suppliers
- Electromagnetics modeling experience with homegrown tools and commercial tools (such as Microwave CST and Ansys HFSS)
- Experience with Cameo, DOORs, Rhapsody, writing requirements, and tracing requirements through various levels (from Systems Requirement Document down to Weapon System Specification down to Segment Specifications down to Subsystem Specifications)
- Experience with mission management / sensor resource management
- Experience with signal processing, data fusion, software, trackers, covariance matrices, correlation, ambiguity functions, OMS/OCS standards, sensor physical ICDs, software ICDs, bus standards, and/or data rates
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.