Electronics Engineer T2
Requisition ID: R10120583
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Electrical Engineer, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Our teams work with pride across business units toward a common goal: global security. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it’s work that makes a difference. Join us to advance your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security. This position will be located in Rolling Meadows, IL. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing Engineering team, where they will work on Infrared Countermeasures suite of products as a Test Engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Researches, designs, develops, tests and identifies improvements / corrective actions for a variety of electronic equipment and systems, including Lasers, Laser Transmitters, Ultraviolet sensors, Infrared sensors, system Processors
along with an assortment of test equipment and associated systems. Having experience in programming in C++, National Instruments Labwindows/CVI and/or Labview is a plus.
- Troubleshooting production hardware to determining root cause of failures and identify corrective actions
- Support production floor and test technicians
- Optimizing processes to reduce cost and increase throughput
- Maintaining process and procedures in accordance with ISO standards
- Working with suppliers to resolve technical hardware issues
- Creating and analyzing metrics to target cost improvements
- Hardware integration and test
- Interface with and present to customers
- Create engineering documentation (change notices, parts lists, bills of materials, test reports, test procedures)
- Support transition technologies from design to production
Qualifications - External
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Engineering technology with a more than 2 years related electrical engineering experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS office
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Experience Laser test equipment
- Experience with data mining / correlation studies
- Networking and troubleshooting test stations
- Experience troubleshooting hardware
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with IRCM hardware and support equipment
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.