MS iReturn Electronic Engineer or Principal Electronics Engineer
Requisition ID: R10127687
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
At Northrop Grumman Mission Systems we understand that sometimes we must pause our professional life to support our family and loved ones. After taking a career break to care for children, aging parents or other family obligations, the road to return to work can be intimidating. iReturn can be the steppingstone in returning to your career.
We are seeking experienced and motivated professionals who are looking to return to the workforce after a career break of a minimum of 2 years for Electronics Engineering .
The Navigation, Targeting, and Survivability Division (NTSD), located in the Northwest Chicago suburbs, develops operational Electronic Warfare (EW) and targeting systems that provide situational awareness, self-protection, and offensive electronic attack capability to platforms across the spectrum from visible light IR to millimeter wave RF. By joining us, you’ll work on projects that help safeguard our nation related to land forces, rotary wing survivability systems, international and U.S. military electronic warfare systems, communications systems, missile warning systems and sensors, infrared counter-measure systems (IRCM), automatic test equipment, modeling and simulation, and situational awareness programs. The Hardware Engineering organization plays a key role in developing these solutions.
The Electronics Engineer role involves full life-cycle product development from system concept and requirements through design, implementation, test verification, production, and field support while working in integrated product teams spanning Engineering, Manufacturing, and Program Management. Digital subsystem and circuit card designs utilize the latest FPGA technologies from all major vendors and device families including Xilinx, Altera, and Actel, and support high speed interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) DSP, controls, data links, embedded processing and processor interfaces.
As an Electronics Engineer, you will join our diverse team and be responsible for research, design, and development of digital hardware products. Your expertise in digital component design and analysis, modeling and simulation, circuit level design and test, and project leadership are desired for this position.
Researches, designs, develops, and tests a variety of electronic equipment and systems, including radar and radiation detection equipment; radio, television and other communications equipment and systems; circuitry components; analog and digital computers; and control and test equipment.
Basic Qualifications for an Engineer Electronics:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar engineering discipline with a minimum 2 years of digital electronics design experience or a master's degree in a STEM related field.
- Proven skills to include: communicating with peers and supervisors, being adaptable, creative, collaborative and also comfortable working independently and enjoys solving difficult problems.
- US Citizen and ability to obtain government security clearance.
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Digital Design Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar engineering discipline with a minimum 5 years of digital electronics design experience or +3 years of digital electronics design experience with a Master's degree in a technical field.
- Proven skills to include: team leadership, mentoring others, communicating with all levels of an organization internally and externally, being adaptable, creative, collaborative and also comfortable working independently and enjoys solving difficult problems.
- US Citizen and ability to obtain and maintain government security clearance.
- Digital circuit design experience, including simulation & schematic capture through test and integration
- Prior hands-on prototyping and debug experience testing complex digital subsystems, such as complex circuit card development involving FPGAs, and/or embedded processors, and/or high-speed interfaces.
- Familiarity with documentation revision control and review systems similar to DOORS, ClearCase, and ClearQuest.
- Advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into hardware requirements, design, and test specifications.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Warfare or EO/IR systems.
- Experience in Aerospace and/or Defense industries.
- Recent circuit card design experience utilizing circuit-related tools including Cadence Concept, Allegro, and/or Mentor DxDesigner, Expedition.
- Working experience with ClearCase/ClearQuest and DOORS Current Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.