Manager Electronics Engineering 3
Requisition ID: R10127720
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is the world leader in the development and deployment of Infrared Countermeasure (IRCM) systems. We are looking for a passionate leader who will lead a team of managers and engineers in a dynamic and growing environment to support the assembly, alignment, and test of Electro-optical Sensors and Systems supporting the IRCM product lines. This leader will be responsible for supporting the growth of his or her team, building engagement, encouraging career development, and fostering a team environment where everyone can contribute. The team will also be responsible for developing needed processes, equipment, software, and test stations supporting production and depot environments both on and off the Rolling Meadows campus for this critical area. In addition, this position will support the development of proposals, capacity analyses, and forecasting of capital equipment and depot expansion projects. A critical aspect of this position will be the ability to work across functional lines collaborating with all departments to ensure successful outcomes.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related degree with a minimum of 12 years relevant experience; or MS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related degree with a minimum of 9 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Relevant experience in manufacturing or design.
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Project, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with the software development process
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance.
- Experience in manufacturing engineering with a specific focus on electro-optics and gimballed systems.
- Demonstrated experience in test equipment design and fabrication, optical alignment equipment, tool design, and facility planning.
- Working knowledge of product flow and production processes.
- Ability to read and understand product drawings.
- Demonstrated successful experience in Capital Project Management
- Experience in cybersecurity compliance
- Software tools including SAP and databases.
- Expertise in a Manufacturing environment, with demonstrated experience running a work cell, engineering group, or technical projects.
- Experience in facilities planning or capital planning.
- Success in leading and developing people.
- Success in being a leader of leaders.
- Experience and knowledge of Safety Data Sheets.
- Current Security Clearance – Secret
- Demonstrated experience in managing software development projects.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.