(DoD SkillBridge) RF / Hardware Engineer
Requisition ID: R10112582
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 2
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation’s military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman’s 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists. The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman during their internship as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members. We've developed the Northrop Grumman – Military Internship Program (DoD SkillBridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance. During this program you will be working on-site in an entry to mid-level role. You will be receiving on-the-job training 40 hours per week.
DoD SkillBridge Overview:
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Department of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members. During this program you will be on-site at a Northrop location performing an internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. You’ll have on-the-job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the high potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals – Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission “Defining Possible” on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome – Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
- Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
All SkillBridge Opportunities are located in Linthicum/Baltimore, MD
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector delivers a decisive advantage to its customers through software-defined, hardware-enabled solutions. The Electrical Assembly Design & Verification section in Linthicum, MD enables these hardware solutions by providing RF microwave and mixed signal architecture, design, verification, and support expertise across a wide variety electronic sensor products. Our engineers work on complex, leading edge, high reliability electronics that support maritime, ground, airborne, and space platforms.
What You Will Do:
- Designing, modeling, and verifying RF, microwave, and mixed signal subsystem assemblies
- Utilize analysis, simulations and prototyping to develop antenna designs including phased arrays
- Predicting assembly level performance through selecting materials, components, and packaging approaches, RF chain analysis, electromagnetic simulation, data collection and analysis, and other modeling techniques
- Working directly with component level design peers developing custom RF integrated circuit designs to meet assembly-level requirements
- Collaborating with peer functions such as Mechanical, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, and Test
- Utilizing world class manufacturing capabilities both on-site and within the broader company for prototyping through full rate production from the foundry level to microelectronic packaging to printed circuit board fabrication and assembly to subsystem level integration and test
- Working directly with a wide variety of different external supplier partners including leading domestic foundries, printed circuit board fabricators and assemblers, component manufacturers, material fabricators, and more
- Supporting products throughout the product life cycle
- RF and mixed signal product types include antenna radiators, circulators, device interposers, filters, manifolds, receiver / exciter assemblies, signal conditioning assemblies, signal generators, and transmit / receive assemblies
- Principal RF Engineer: Electrical Engineering or related STEM field degree: Bachelor of Science with 5 years of RF/microwave experience; Master’s degree with 3 years of RF/microwave experience; or PhD degree
- Senior Principal RF Engineer: Electrical Engineering or related STEM field degree: Bachelor of Science with 9 years of RF/microwave experience; Master’s degree with 7 years of RF/microwave experience; or PhD and 4 years
- Proven knowledge of electrical engineering design software and equipment
- US Citizenship is required, and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret (or higher) Security Clearance
- Secret or Top Secret / SCI security clearance
- Industry experience in one or more of the following areas:
- RF lab equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power meters, etc.
- Electronic troubleshooting from component to assembly levels
- Product life cycle support from concept through production support
- Designing for high reliability, mil/aero requirements and environments
- AESA / phased array, Radar, SIGINT, or SATCOM experience
- Software tools: Mentor Xpedition DX Designer, ANSYS HFSS, Keysight ADS, Keysight Genisys, MathWorks MATLAB, Autodesk AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.