Senior Principal Semiconductor RF Test Engineer
Requisition ID: R10115977
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
The Emerging Capabilities Development Organization of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an exceptionally talented, motivated, and creative Senior Principal Semiconductor RF Test Engineer for our Advanced Technology Lab (ATL) located outside of Baltimore, Maryland - where we design, manufacture, and test semiconductor products for internal and commercial production customers as well as emerging technology programs.
Northrop Grumman’s ATL semiconductor foundry is a unique capability supporting a range of production microelectronic devices (Silicon, Silicon Germanium, Gallium Arsenide, Gallium Nitride, Silicon Carbide, Carbon Nanotubes) and providing leading edge technology development in superconducting electronics. Our devices enable a number of Northrop Grumman’s ground-based radars, avionic radars, and space systems. Join us for the chance to work with an amazing, experienced, and talented team while helping serve your country. Enjoy the opportunity to grow and learn with a variety of challenging projects in R&D, ongoing long-term programs, and new programs targeting future military platforms. Our multidisciplinary foundry team enables activities from development to sustainment process engineering. ATL is responsible for all aspects of semiconductor technology including design, mask making, wafer fabrication, test, and assembly. The candidate must be a strong team participant, have excellent communication skills, and be resourceful and multitalented. A strong understanding of semiconductor technology and microelectronic manufacturing test methodologies is essential.
The Senior Principal Semiconductor RF Test Engineer will support development and execution of RF test for multiple technologies including SiGe and SiC. The individual will be responsible for understanding test requirements, documenting test plans, and developing necessary software and hardware solutions. Administrative and technical responsibilities include test software and hardware development, daily and forward-looking test scheduling, test data integrity, equipment/software improvements, and supporting the procurement of test equipment. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring configuration control of test software and hardware, test quality, test documentation quality, test equipment calibration, and compliance to customer documents (e.g., Source Control Documents). The candidate must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Microelectronics Engineering with 9 years related experience or a Master's Degree with 7 years' experience or PhD with 4 years related experience
- Direct semiconductor RF test engineering experience
- Direct experience in leading a team of engineers
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Software skills in a modern language such as C#, Python, C++ or Java
- Experience making mixed signal measurements.
- Experience with wafer or die testing.
- Direct hands-on experience building / repairing/ tuning RF test hardware
- Direct experience in preparing and presenting presentations to cross-functional teams
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.