Sentinel (GBSD) Launch Equipment Electrical Engineering Test Manager 2-- 10129
Requisition ID: R10114307
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Launch Equipment Electrical Engineering Test Manager 2. This position will be located in Roy, Utah with some travel to Promontory, Utah and Vandenberg AFB, California and will support the Sentinel program. Candidate will be a manager supporting the mechanical integration and test team as part of Command and Launch (CLT) Launch Equipment (LE). This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
• Lead a team responsible for developing, performing, and supporting integration and test activities for Launch Equipment Electrical subsystems.
• Serve as a cost account manager (CAM) managing earned value (EV) for an engineering team.
• Provide functional management of approximately 10 employees for the Ground Test Functional Homeroom.
• Support a team of engineers whose primary focus will be on test planning to support program test campaigns.
• Support product teams in overseeing and executing supplier testing and testing at external test house locations.
• Participate in technical planning, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for systems and element capabilities.
• Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness and compliance of the test program.
• Verify specifications and designs through testing, test data processing, and support modeling and simulation and performance analysis.
• Site and flight test support for subsystem requirement verification.
• Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements.
• Create technical reports and present test and analysis results.
• Coordinate integrated testing activities working in a dynamic people-focused environment.
• Interface with internal and external customers.
• Manage a team of high performing engineers across multiple engineering disciplines.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Bachelor’s Degree with at least 6 years of related test or systems engineering experience, 4 years with a Master’s degree or 4 additional years of related experience in lieu of degree
• At least 1 year experience leading projects or cross-functional teams
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher awarded within the past 5 years with the ability to obtain special access.
• At least 1 year experience as a Cost Account Manager or managing EV for an engineering team.
• At least 2 years experience in test planning and test execution.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
• Bachelors Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) concentration with 6 years related experience
• US Citizenship with an Active Top Secret Clearance (awarded within the past 5 years) with capability for SAP access
• Prior Experience of ICBM test methodologies
• Experience with 91-710
• Experience with AFI Test Directive 99-103
• Demonstrated ability working with cross-functional teams and customers
• Project Management, risk and opportunities, and scheduling background
• Understanding of Agile and Scrum principles and Model Based Systems Engineering
• Experience in segment or system level hardware and software integration testing
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.