Manager 2 - Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) - Tactical Space Systems - Dulles, VA
Requisition ID: R10130483
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Dulles, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today! We have an opening for an EGSE Manager 2 to lead our team of qualified and experienced hardware and software engineers, diverse individuals in the Tactical Space organization.
This position will be in Dulles, VA. onsite on the beautiful Northrop Grumman Campus.
EGSE Manager 2 is responsible for managing the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of electrical ground support equipment hardware and software development required for spacecraft Testing, procedures and strategies for products, systems, components, or modifications. This manager will lead staffing needs and grow the skills/capabilities of the organization and determining the critical skills within an organization or functional area, develop and implement staffing plans to ensure necessary skills are available within the company.
Acts as advisor of EGSE (Electronic Ground Support Equipment) software and hardware engineering teams regarding projects, tasks, and operations and as a liaison to other engineering functions. Play a critical role in shaping the product definition, design, roadmap, and development of new hardware and software products. Develop and maintain relationships with customers and partners, while providing oversight of technical approaches, products and processes. Must have the ability to solve sophisticated problems and the ability to work multiple tasks simultaneously and must be familiar with leading development projects and industry equivalent practices.
In this role you will ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. This manager will be responsible for forecasting, acquiring and managing personnel to meet project and organizational requirements, such as acquire, deploy and schedule personnel to meet organizational objectives. This manager role will report to the EGSE functional manager and manage subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs as a true first level manager. Ensuring that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. You will have full authority for personnel actions and extensive knowledge of department processes.
- This position requires a Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science degree (preferably in a STEM field.)
- At least 8 years industry experience, leading or managing both Software and/or Hardware Technical Development teams.
- Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class software engineering teams.
- Candidates must understand electronics testing methods while possessing knowledge of industry wide tests and tests equipment..
- Ability to analyze test requirement and manage design of hardware and software solutions that meet requirements.
- The candidate must have a good understanding of Agile development methodology as well as practical knowledge to manage cost, schedule, and technical drivers on a program.
- 5+ years of experience in team building, coaching, leading teams, motivating and engaging team members.
- Versed in driving program to completion of EGSE development.
- Assisting with designing or architecting of new and existing software system experience
- Versed managing LabVIEW/TestStand, LabVIEW CVI, C, and C++ Software development and configuration experience
- Background on developing automated test equipment using National Instruments hardware as building block.
- Ability to analyze test requirement and design hardware and software solutions that meet requirements.
- Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements.
- This position is expected to be 100% onsite.
- Agile Development (JIRA)
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Self-motivated and able to effectively work and motivate larger team.
- Background on developing automated test equipment using National Instruments hardware as building blocks.
- Ability to guide and lead others in both a direct and indirect reporting relationship.
- Willingness to take ownership, ability to engage team and meet business commitments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership Skills
The Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Division is a strategic partner specializing in commercial and classified partnerships with the design, delivery, operation and sustainment of satellites and human spacecraft. We support science and space exploration through our various partnerships, including NASA’s Artemis program with the goal to return humans to the Moon in 2024 and the TESS (Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite) program that has discovered more than twenty confirmed plants. Recognized as an industry leader, we also develop highly specialized space and satellite components.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including: Medical Dental & Vision coverage 401k Educational Assistance Life Insurance Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions Paid Time Off Health & Wellness Resources Employee Discounts Flexible Schedules (For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work) For more details please visit our total rewards site or chat with one of our recruiters to learn more.
Link: www.northropgrumman.com/benefits Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.