Principal Engineer Electromechanical - remote
Requisition ID: R10118943
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman is in need of a Principal Electromechanical Engineer. The position will support our Propulsion Systems & Control (PS&C) business unit that is based in Elkton, Maryland. This position can be worked remotely.
Applies electrical, electronic and mechanical principles to components and systems, including assembly, analysis, and documentation of results; construction of developmental assemblies, sub-assemblies and components; and quality testing. Supports and participates in the design, test, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electromechanical systems.
Must have a bachelors degree and at least 5 years of experience.
Or a Masters degree and at least 3 years of experience.
Must be a US citizen.
Active secret clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.