Principal Electrical Engineer
Requisition ID: R10126406
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Stafford, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman, Space Systems, is seeking a self-motivated, energetic individual to work at a government customer site in Stafford, Virginia as an Electrical Engineer (T02).
- Bachelor's + 2 years of exp; Master's + 0 years of exp.
- Skills required are in line with military electronics equivalent training in ratings such as, Navy CTM, ET, FCT and Army 35T Series.
- Four years of work-related experience in technical/electronics field completing system maintenance and electronic equipment troubleshooting
- Position requires ability to obtain a Top-Secret security clearance with SCI and must be able to successfully complete a CI polygraph.
- Ability to work within a group or independently where collaboration and attention to detail is critical to mission success.
- Ability to climb ladders and use personnel lifts for heights to approximately 50 feet (using approved fall protection equipment), ascend and descend ~60 feet of stairs.
- Ability to install and uninstall (lift) devices weighing 50 pounds.
- Ability to work closely with other contractors and government customers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and technical writing skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Travel – 25% (CONUS & OCONUS)
- Active TS/SCI with CI POLY
- ]Work related experience with electronic test equipment to include: spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, power meter, signal generator, pulse generator, multi-meter or Digital Volt Meter (DVM), fiber optic testers.
- Work related experience on RF and Microwave systems.
- RF verification in the frequency domain and time domain
As a member of the program’s Hardware Maintenance team, primary roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support Operations and Maintenance by providing proactive and reactive maintenance on large antenna platforms and associated equipment in the generation of Radio Frequency (RF) signals and communications systems
- Maintain, service and repair tracking antennas, antenna drive trains, gear boxes/motors, motor controllers/servo amplifiers, synchros, encoders, RF switches, and feeds
- Maintain and calibrate different types of coaxial transmission lines and waveguides
- Troubleshoot and repair Traveling Wave Tube (TWT) and Solid State amplifiers, custom RF switching units, fiber optics transmitters and receivers and other related electronic signal generation and verification equipment
- Use and operate test equipment to include: spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, power meter, signal generator, pulse generator, multi-meter or Digital Volt Meter (DVM), fiber optic testers
- Responsibilities include analyzing equipment problems, isolating causes and taking proper action to resolve problems
- Perform preventive maintenance and integrate approved equipment modifications into the existing customer baseline
- Support 24/7 weekend rotation (~every 14 weeks)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.