Senior Avionics Engineer
Requisition ID: R10077612
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Springfield Central, Queensland, Australia | Amberley, Queensland, Australia | Richmond, New South Wales, Australia+ 2 more
- Citizenship required: Australia Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Protected (Baseline)
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
As a member of the C-27J Avionics Design Services Team, you will be responsible to perform technical investigations, design, testing and certification of repairs, minor design changes and modifications in support of the C27J Through Life Support contract. Activities undertaken will include those under DASR 21 Design Production and Certification, and DASR M Continuing Airworthiness Management Services (CAM Services) as required.
- Perform technical investigation of defects and faults reported on the C27J aircraft avionics systems to determine possible causes and potential solutions.
- Development and Review of various aircraft Avionics and Electrical System designs
- Development of test plans and attendance at aircraft avionics trials
- Assess incoming technical information for actioning within the task management and risk mitigation frameworks.
- Hold and exercise Engineering Authority (EA) under the NGA-TS Military Design Organisation and Part M CAM Services
- Providing engineering input to maintaining the C‐27J configuration, technical and operational publications
- Updating the System Safety Manager on all aspects of emerging System Safety issues and ensure all risks are communicated and recorded
- Apply your knowledge and experience to work under general direction to independently develop solutions.
- Work closely in a team with other highly competent experienced engineering personnel to sustain and grow the C27J capability.
- Attend training, development and mentoring opportunities provided by the company
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.