Avionics Engineer - MQ-4C Triton
Requisition ID: R10105045
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Mawson Lakes, South Australia, Australia
- Citizenship required: Australia Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret (NV1)
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
We’re building something special here in Australia. Committed to safeguarding our Country’s future by solving the toughest problems in Aeronautics, Space, and Mission Systems, we’re investing in our business, growing our capabilities, and nurturing a great reputation as the place to be in Defence. ‘Defining Possible’ is our mantra and we are committed to making sure that’s as relevant for our people as for our customers.
Northrop Grumman's MQ-4C Triton Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) provides real-time intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) over vast ocean and coastal regions. The aircraft can fly for more than 24 hours at a time, at an altitude above 55,000 feet and an operational range of 8,200 nautical miles.
As Northrop Grumman Australia prepares for the arrival of the Triton UAS, we are setting up and proactively recruiting to ensure a seamless and coordinated entry into service
We are seeking a highly skilled and suitably qualified Avionics Engineer to support the MQ-4C Triton Avionics and Electrical systems. With demonstrated experience working within the DASA regulatory environment, the Avionics Engineer will assess and review technical information to ensure the continued airworthiness of the platform and maintain compliance accordingly.
Reporting to the Engineering and Technical Services Manager, you will also contribute to reporting requirements for Logistics/Engineering Meetings, Configuration Control Boards and Airworthiness Board forums.
Partnering with the Commonwealth, US Navy and Northrop Grumman Corporation key stakeholders, this role will assist our support strategy, and execution to meet the goals of both the Commonwealth and Northrop Grumman as we bring the MQ-4C Triton online and into service.
This position is based at RAAF Edinburgh – flexible work arrangements are available
As an experienced and degree qualified Electrical, Avionics or Mechatronics Engineer, you will bring a high level of technical acumen, with a desire to drive best-practice outcomes. You will have expertise in engaging with the broader Engineering & Technical Services community along with your previous history of delivering efficient and effective solutions for Military Aerospace platforms.
Having had experience working within appropriate regulatory environments (CASA/DASA/FAA’s etc) you will provide innovative ideas for continuous improvement initiatives to help maintain and support the development and execution of our contract requirements and any variations. Previous engineering authority on Military platforms will be highly desirable.
Lastly, you will be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance (NV1).
What we offer:
Whatever your role, life stage, or background, you can shape your career here in your way with highly challenging work, great colleagues, and career development, plus a range of flexible benefits and working patterns.
Professional Development Support – further education, leadership development, professional industry memberships, and unlimited access to a range of online training
- Commitment to your Professional Development – further education, leadership development, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training
- Options for flexible & hybrid work including a 9-day fortnight
- Up to 2 weeks additional purchased annual leave
- Salary packaging including novated car leases
- Generous parental leave entitlements
- Volunteer Leave
- Relocation assistance
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Support towards continued Professionalisation through our agreement with Engineers’ Australia
Defining Possible means something different to each one of us. What’s Your Possible?
Doing the Right Thing and Sharing Success are two values underpinning how we behave at Northrop Grumman. Here, everyone matters and we proudly encourage individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply to join our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Note: As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, you will need to be an Australian Citizen. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, so your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.