Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer
Requisition ID: R10075492
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- Citizenship required: United Kingdom Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Highest Level of Government Clearance
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 3
Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Salary: £46,000 - £66,000
Role Clearance Type: You must be able to gain and maintain the highest level of UK Government clearance.
Location: Cheltenham House, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom.
About Your Opportunity:
As a critical part of the Infrastructure Team, we support our customers in their journey to refactor, replatform and rehost their mission critical systems into AWS.
We deliver mission value by transforming our customers systems, improving reliability, reducing costs and enabling organisational agility by utilising Infrastructure as Code and DevSecOps techniques.
- Flexible working schedules - we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognized through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities
- Working as part of a team to design, build and maintain AWS and hybrid-cloud systems
- Administering systems based on Linux and Windows operating systems
- Maintaining and troubleshooting IP networking systems for AWS and hybrid-cloud systems
- Automating system deployment, operation and maintenance using Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tooling
- Continuously expand your own skills, maintaining and enhancing relevant certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science based subject, equivalent qualification or equivalent relevant experience;
- Amazon Web Services Certified to Practitioner or Associate level with experience of designing, deploying and administering cloud based solutions;
- Experience of administration of Linux and Windows Operating Systems within large corporate environments;
- Experience of troubleshooting IPv4 Networking, including Subnetting & Routing;
- Experience of automating tasks using Ansible, Bash, PowerShell, Puppet or Python;
Your Future Team:
“Life as a Cloud Engineer is an exceptionally rewarding role where no two days are truly the same. You can be troubleshooting some Python code in a Lambda function, designing complex solutions, presenting to the customer and building that same solution using Infrastructure as Code and DevOps tooling.
This variety helps the role feel ‘fresh’ and I always finish each day feeling like I’ve learnt something new!”
Kris, Lead Cloud Solutions Engineer, National Security Solutions @ Northrop Grumman UK
Our focused and flexible Infrastructure Team consists of industry leading practitioners in engineering and systems administration across all specialisms and experience, working with multiple customer sets and system classifications, on both public cloud and on premise.
We work collaboratively to deliver innovative solutions to extremely complex problems, providing our team a broad range of experiences from which to develop new skills and learning across the latest Infrastructure as Code and DevSecOps toolsets.
Diversity is at the heart of our success. Our team share experience, knowledge and new thinking gained from a wide range of backgrounds perspective, culture, gender, race, age and many other elements across several industries. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from communities currently under-represented within our industry. We treat everyone with respect and foster safe and inclusive environments.
About Our Responsibilities:
Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We’ll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business.
We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do.
How to Apply:
Interested in our opportunity?
Yes – then simply submit your application online. Your application will be reviewed by one of our expert recruiters who’ll then respond advising you of the outcome and next steps for successful candidates.
Possibly, I’d like to find out more – email email@example.com to connect with one of our Sourcing Specialists who will be happy to support you with any enquires.
Background checks and potentially security clearance form part of the recruitment process, our team will inform you of the procedures when required.
Northrop Grumman UK:
Work with a global brand that makes a real contribution to our nation’s security and future. At Northrop Grumman UK, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. As leaders in the digital transformation of Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence we are providing ground-breaking outcomes for our customers.
UK Cyber & Intelligence Business:
Our UK Cyber & Intelligence business combines modern software development approaches with a rich heritage and experience in the defence and security sectors. Our customers have complex and sensitive data and information requirements requiring a mission partner who quickly understands the context, delivering and sustaining a portfolio of challenging technology projects at scale and pace, supporting them through an ambitious digital transformation programme.
Find out more: https://www.northropgrumman.com/careers/job-search-united-kingdom/
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.