NSS Technical Director
Requisition ID: R10124775
- Category: Engineering
- Location: New Malden, London, United Kingdom
- Citizenship required: United Kingdom Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Security Check (SC)
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Role clearance type: Must be able to obtain and maintain government clearances
Location: New Malden
About Your Opportunity:
The NSS Technical Director will develop and implement a coherent technical strategy for NSS, identifying where future capability and technology is required to meet and exceed NSS’ growth aspirations and establishing tools and collateral to support the creation of such capability.
Reporting to the NSS Director and sitting on the NSS Leadership Team, the NSS Technical Director is accountable for implement and deliver a technical governance regime that enables effective, efficient and compliant delivery and sustainable growth across NSS
- Flexible working schedules - we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognized through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel.
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities.
- Architect, own and lead the execution of a business-level technical strategy for NSS aimed at developing the discriminating technical and engineering competences, standards, capability and capacity required to underpin sustainable growth over time;
- Accountable for establishing, overseeing and championing a network of Practices across NSS tasked with enabling the growth of high quality capability and enduring career frameworks for our people
- Provide technical assurance to existing and future programmes and associated bids and proposals;
- Accountable for the Cloud Centre of Excellence tasked with providing NSS’ internal cloud capabilities and building skills and expertise in multiple brands of cloud offering
- Working closely with business development, account and programme teams, shape market-leading technical solutions to meet the needs of priority pursuits and campaigns, this will include playing a key role in prioritising spend on IRAD programmes
- Lead the business’ approach to Digital Transformation, acting as a focal point for transforming how our engineering is undertaking and how best practice can be prioritised and applied to our internal business tools;
- Oversee, prioritise and champion efforts to develop relevant, scalable onshore IP, whether through targeted IRAD or exploitation of CRAD funding;
- Play a technical ambassadorial role, showcasing what NGC has to offer with customers and potential talent, whilst building and sustaining relationships with key peers in the US to ensure appropriate technical reach-back and functional support;
- Demonstrable experience in a senior management position within the defence and security industry.
- An experienced and proven leader, ideally within a matrix environment with experience of influencing senior peers. The ability to effectively navigate the matrix structure, working collaboratively with the appropriate stakeholders to bring about the effects desired is a critical skill in the successful execution of this role.
- An individual that is looking to play a major part in supporting business growth and operational maturity.
- Excellent communicator who can provide clear and concise messaging both externally to customers and internally within Northrop Grumman.
- A collaborative individual with the confidence and integrity to earn stakeholders’ confidence.
About Our Responsibilities:
Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We’ll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business.
We believe that creating a team that values diversity and fosters inclusion is essential to great performance. We know the best ideas come from diversity of thought, background, perspective, culture, gender, race, age and many other elements. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from communities currently under-represented within our industry. We treat everyone with respect and foster safe and inclusive environments.
We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do.
How to Apply:
Interested in our opportunity?
Yes – then simply submit your application online. Your application will be reviewed by one of our expert recruiters who’ll then respond advising you of the outcome and next steps for successful candidates.
Possibly, I’d like to find out more – then connect direct with email@example.com, where one of our recruitment business partner will be happy to support you with any enquires.
Background checks and potentially security clearance form part of the recruitment process, our team will inform you of the procedures when required.
Northrop Grumman UK:
Work with a global brand that makes a real contribution to our nation’s security and future. At Northrop Grumman UK, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. As leaders in the digital transformation of Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence we are providing ground-breaking outcomes for our customers.
Find out more: https://www.northropgrumman.com/careers/job-search-united-kingdom/
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.