Field Engineer / Principal Field Engineer
Requisition ID: R10130433
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Fort Greely, Alaska, United States of America | Unknown City, Alaska, United States of America | Vandenberg AFB, California, United States of America | Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America | Fort Drum, New York, United States of America+ 4 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 9
Northrop Grumman Space Launch and Missile Defense Systems Engineering is seeking to fill the position of Field Engineer/Principal Field Engineer supporting the Ground Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) for the System Integration Test and Readiness Contract (SITR) in multiple locations. Position locations are Colorado Springs (COS), Vandenberg Air Force Base (VSFB), Fort Drum (FDNY), Fort Greely (FGA) & Earickson, Alaska (EAS).
The qualified applicant will perform as a maintenance technician for the GMD team located at several locations. In this role, you are responsible to support all IFICS Data Terminal (IDT) hardware and software maintenance, scheduling, technical guidance for any anomalies, assisting with and coordinating site upgrades. The technician will also have maintenance responsibility to the GMD Communication Node Equipment (GCN) and the Ground Fire Control and Communication system (GFC/C). The qualified candidate will support customer deliverables, process development, and improvement. This position requires collaboration and teambuilding across multiple program IPTs, sub-contractors, and extensive customer interface as well as an On-call commitment as directed by the customer for emergency maintenance actions.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Interface with the MDA customer on site as needed.
- Maintain GMD assets in a manner of system availability over 99% to the customer.
- Provides maintenance activities, property control, facility, safety, security and daily production related to the IDT, GCN, and GFC/C systems.
- Report all anomalies/ incidents IAW standard maintenance policy and procedures.
- Support customer site visits and provide briefings on upgrades and obsolescence issues.
- Attend site and program specific meetings, develop slides, charts, and white papers for decision making as required.
- Support the Ground Weapons Systems (GWS/GS) products hardware / software integration, upgrades, and repair requirements.
- Conduct software patching and anti-virus updates according to contract and SOW requirements.
- Travel will be required approximately 10% of time.
This requisition may be filled at either a Field Engineer or a Principal Field Engineer level.
Field Engineer Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in a technical Engineering or related discipline with 2 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of professional and related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Principal Field Engineer Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in a technical Engineering or related discipline with 5 years of related experience, Master’s Degree and 3 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of professional and related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Active Secret Security Clearance and ability to obtain COMSEC and TS/SCI Clearance required.:
- Knowledge of local area networking (LAN) fundamentals with specific experience working with Ethernet routers, switches, and protocols in TCP-IP based communications system.
- Certification meeting DoD 8570 requirements (e.g., Security+)
- Strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and ability to work unsupervised at a remote site and interface with a diverse group.
- Knowledge of Redhat/Linux, Windows and Virtual computing environments.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time as needed.
- CCNA certified technician
- Practical experience with Active Directory
- Experience with SolarWinds applications
- Experience in log file analysis
- Experience with /understanding of COMSEC Handling, Taclane operations.
- IFICS Data Terminal hardware/software experience or training
- Experience with Windows, Solaris, Redhat/Linux applications desired.
- Process orientation and strong skills in using and following documented processes / checklists.
- Willing to work flexible schedule to maintain operational capability.
- Knowledge of military command, control, and communication systems.
- Strong Communications Skills.
- Knowledge of maintenance, logistics, and MMICS database desired.
- Team Player
- Understanding or experience with Satellite Communications
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.