(On-Site) Sr Principal Engineer Laser
Requisition ID: R10116313
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Azusa, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman’s Space Sector/Payloads & Ground Systems/Strategic Force Programs Business Unit in Azusa CA, is seeking a qualified Sr Principal (Level 4) systems laser engineer to join the System Performance department within Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) team. This role will report on-site daily.
Join our Emerging Technologies team as a Senior Research Engineer. We're seeking someone exceptional to work on cutting-edge LIDAR research. You'll be responsible for innovative design, selection, and implementation of optoelectronic components, as well as system integration, testing, and troubleshooting. Come be a part of something extraordinary.
- Lead new concept creation and architecture design, development, and implementation activities related to remote sensing Lidar system development including performance simulation, prototyping, and testing.
- Collaborate with technical experts to research, select, evaluate, and develop cutting-edge component and system technology for specific applications.
- Utilize modern programming and simulation tools, such as COMSOL, CODE V, ZEMAX, Matlab/Simulink, C/C++, Python, OpenGL and OpenCV libraries, to aid in the creation of new technologies. Knowledge of atmospheric simulation software (MODTRAN, etc.) is a valuable asset.
- Interact with government and non-government representatives to ensure the customer requirements are fully understood and addressed.
- Create technical documentation for system, hardware, and software development for bids and proposals
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in applied physics, optical Engineering, electrical Engineering, or STEM field, & 9+ years of direct experience in lidar system design, development, and implementation for remote sensing applications, OR a Master's Degree in a STEM field & 7+ years of direct experience in lidar system design, development, and implementation for remote sensing applications
- Demonstrate your mastery of Lidar theory, atmospheric measurements, optical system design, building, testing, analysis, and evaluation.
- Must be able to successfully contribute and lead multiple programs simultaneously, achieving required results on time and on budget.
- Ability to obtain & maintain a DoD top secret security clearance (US Citizenship Required)
- Space LIDAR experience
- Current & active secret or TS/SCI security clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.