Field Engineer (Beale AFB)
Requisition ID: R10126493
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Beale AFB, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our team as a Field Engineer based out of Beale AFB, CA (near Wheatland/Lincoln, CA area).
What You’ll get to Do:
You will have the opportunity to work on a Flight Line supporting a sophisticated payload, performing functions such as:
- Pre-Flight testing
- Evaluation of Pre-Flight and Built in Test results
- Use of complex RF and digital test equipment to resolve issues
- Removal and Replacement of Chassis’
- Maintaining maintenance logs and IMDS
- Coordinating with mission planners and reporting daily, weekly status
- Coordinating with plant SME teams
- Work independently and on small teams, be an effective communicator and have the ability to quickly learn, operate and test a complex system
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of related work experience; Associate's degree and 4+ years of related work experience; 6+ years of related work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting complex electronic systems.
- Experience working on Flight Line OR working on a complex SIGINT system.
- Must be willing to work on an rotating schedule, alternating between both day and night shifts.
- Candidate will be required to perform physically demanding work outside in a noisy environment (50% of job involves physical work around aircraft and back-shop test equipment), to include standing for long periods of time, exposure to
elements, climbing ladders, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Candidate must be willing to support occasional travel (up to 25% of time) to CONUS or OCONUS locations in support of customer operations.
- Current active DoD Top Secret /SCI security clearance.
- USAF Flight Line Experience AND experience working on a complex SIGINT system
- Fluent using IMDS
- Working familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Experience of hands-on use of electronic and RF test equipment
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.