Principal Survivability Engineer (Level 3)
Requisition ID: R10126252
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Palmdale, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SAP
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Northrop Grumman is one of the industry leaders in Stealth Technology. As such, we are involved in all phases of development, production, and maintenance of Low Observable (LO) platforms. We are currently looking for Low Observable / Radar Cross Section (RCS) /Survivability Engineers to work on exciting and challenging projects.
We are looking for Survivability Engineers with experience in Production Support
Survivability Production Support Responsibilities
- Apply previous aircraft systems, structure, and LO experience to develop on the spot solutions to manufacturing/production issues.
- Coordinate with other Integrated Product Team (IPT) members and suppliers to convey and achieve Survivability requirements.
- Implement survivability tools and verification methods to verify that production process is yielding desired configuration/resulting performance.
- Support the design change process by use predictive electromagnetic analysis codes and verification test equipment to develop and integrate the best Low Observable designs and specialty materials.
- Track production process and trends to predict problems and implement changes before they exceed acceptable tolerances.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Comprehensive understanding of Electromagnetic Energy transmission though space and within materials.
- Substantial experience with the production and verification techniques associated with Survivability specialty materials and coatings.
- Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills to enable effective personal interaction and collaboration with a multi-disciplined team and customers.
- Experience with RCS test equipment setup, use, and post test data analysis.
- Extensive experience implementing SPC (Statistical Process Control) to optimize and control production processes.
- Proficiency with modeling and analyzing hardware/ configuration changes using Survivability CEM (Computational Electromagnetic) analysis tools.
- Proficiency with modeling and analyzing hardware/ configuration changes Survivability indoor/outdoor RCS/RF test facilities.
- Ability to work with internal support organizations such as Global Supply Chain and Security.
- Experience working with Liaison engineering resolving production problems and addressing discrepancies while retaining survivability integrity, intent, and requirements.
- A current active U.S. Government in-scope DoD Secret security clearance and Special Program Access (PAR/SAP) are required to start, wand the ability to maintain both.
- Educational/ Experience Requirements:
- Principal Survivability Engineer: Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline AND 5 years of related professional/military engineering experience, OR a Master’s degree AND 3 years of related professional/military engineering experience.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.