Manager Infrastructure Engineering 3
Requisition ID: R10120468
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our team as a Department Manager – Infrastructure Lead based out of Redondo Beach, CA. In this role, you will lead a group of 100+ system administrators with technical expertise in Ground Systems, Ground C2, Infrastructure and Analysis. This role is 50% Department Manager and 50% program direct.
From an Enterprise level perspective, the Department Manager position is responsible for providing the people, processes, and tools required to meet the current and future needs of the programs and technologies within the NG Space portfolio. The role is expected to provide the technical and people leadership needed to establish and maintain a world class Software and Digital Technologies organization, supporting multiple programs and business pursuits across an incredibly diverse and advanced portfolio within multiple Operating Units and Business Units. This leader will support engineers and engineering leaders primarily located at the Space Park Campus. The role will have overall responsibility for the development, design, implementation, application, training, and product support of state-of-the-art solutions in support of NG Space captures, programs-of-record, as well as research and technology development.
The Department Manager will also be responsible for ensuring optimum program execution across a diverse program portfolio. Familiarity and advocacy of Agile and DevOps Software processes and methodologies will be important. There will also be an expectation that this role includes development and execution of corrective actions required to improve program performance where appropriate, based on the trends and issues identified through the evaluation of the collected performance metrics. The selected candidate will also own the responsibility for providing the people, processes, and tools required to meet the current and future needs of the programs and technologies within the OU portfolio, focusing on program performance, supporting business development and technology development activities, employee development, staffing and recruiting, performance management, and process and product development. You will champion and participate in our exemplary engineering organization, focusing on maintaining our standards of high performance, refining our processes, and maintaining strong customer relations.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate success in applying leadership characteristics to achieve sustainable top performance, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. The successful candidate must also possess the ability to balance programmatic needs to deliver results within cost, schedule, and quality parameters while encouraging and rewarding innovative behaviors through all levels of the organization. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are essential. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, and the successful candidate must have demonstrated strong abilities to collaborate and lead virtually as a part of a geographically dispersed team. Finally, the successful candidate must have demonstrated success in influencing the direction of technology discriminators, including identifying and championing change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM with 10 years of technical experience in infrastructure, System Administration, Hardware, Cyber Engineering, or related experience, or a Master’s degree in STEM with 8 years of stated experience
- High proficiency in technical problem solving to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development
- Working knowledge of Program Execution, Staffing, Engineering Metrics and Training resources, Processes, and Tools
- Technical management experience preferably in either program Integrated Product Team (IPT), Research and Development (R&D), Advanced Systems, technology, and/or functional environments
- Active SCI or DoD Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI
- Experience effectively leading diverse technical teams across multiple locations
- Experience as a technical leader and visionary with knowledge of mission command and control, ground station software systems and application development in support of Mission Management and Execution as it relates to Space
- Experience with Agile and DevOps processes as it relates to software development and production in support of these business areas is desirable
- Previous experience in People and Technical Leadership roles
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.