HPC Linux Engineer - Woodland Hills, CA (Clearance Required)
Requisition ID: R10116291
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Woodland Hills, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our team as an HPC Linux Engineer based out of Woodland Hills, CA. As an HPC Linux Engineer at Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.
What You’ll get to Do:
Northrop Grumman is one of the industry leaders in Advanced Computing. As such, we are involved in all phases of development, production, and maintenance of High Performing Computers/Labs. We are currently looking for experienced HPC Linux staff to work on a variety of challenging issues. One area where we are in the need of talent is in HPC Linux Software Engineering. This position is contingent upon clearance and special access.
As a HPC Linux Software Engineer, you will perform tasks that include:
- Perform system administration tasks
- Manage HPC system life cycle: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal
- Perform HPC technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk evaluation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses
- Monitor and report HPC system health/metrics. Identify performance bottlenecks. Modify system wide parameters to improve performance. Evaluate effects of those changes. Gather data and report finding to senior HPC engineers
- Assist software developers to install, fine-tune, and debug software
- Manage/Assist technical users running analysis on HPC systems
- Collaborate with Security and follow its guideline to design and implement cybersecurity solutions
- 2+ years of experience with a Bachelors degree; 0 years of experience with Masters; an additional 4 years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree
- Working experience with C, C++, and Python programming languages
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain DoD 8570 (Security+) certification
- Active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS Clearance as condition of continued employment
- Ability to be cleared to special access programs
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux OS
- Master of Science degree in Computer engineering, computer science, or system engineering discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Good written and verbal communication, mentoring experience, and good interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience working with clusters or supercomputers.
- Hands-on experience HPC hardware diagnostic and repair
- Experience with Software compilation process (compilers, GNU Make, CMake…etc)
- Familiar with cybersecurity requirements and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of JSIG and STIG.
- Experience with various MPI implementations, IntelMPI, OpenMPI, MPICH
- Experience with InfiniBand and the InfiniBand protocol
- Experience with Nvidia CUDA libraries and GPUs
- Experience with job schedulers, such as Slurm or PBS
- Experience with global and parallel files systems, such as Lustre
- Familiarity with HPC cluster management solutions, such as Bright or OpenHPC
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.