Modeling and Simulation Integrator (23-491)
Requisition ID: R10128971
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems – Launch and Missile Defense Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Principal Engineer Software –
Modeling and Simulation Integrator (23-491) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located out of Colorado Springs, CO.
The candidate will provide installation, integration, and deployment of the Federated Model (OSM, OSM-L, VACSSIM, MDST, BOA, FOXSIM, various Emulators, etc.) primarily to various labs including TIL, HAL, MDIOC CTB, DTS Sim/Stim Labs. The candidate will develop and maintain tools, such as installation scripts, integration scripts, and Playback application, and provide day-to-day activities associated with successfully running Federated Model simulations and automated deployment to the labs M&S supports.
- Must have experience in - Test and Integration of missile defense simulation applications in Unix/Linux environment
- Unix/Linux Shell/Perl Programming
- Java Programming
- Configuration Management
- Software troubleshooting and diagnosis experience.
- Problem solver with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to integrate custom software applications from various sources and make them work together by developing custom scripts or applications
Please note your updated security clearance and IAT/relevant certifications on your resume, if applicable.
- An active Secret clearance is required to start.
- 5 years with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; 3 years with a Masters’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Skilled in testing, installation, integration, deployment, and maintenance of BMDS simulation applications.
- A plus is working with the Linux command line and familiarity with tactical missile defense system message syntax.
- Previous C2BMC experience is a plus.
- Limited travel may be required.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.