Principal / Sr. Principal Survivability Engineer (Level 3 or 4)
Requisition ID: R10130293
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Northrop Grumman is an industry leader in Stealth Technology. We are involved in all phases of development, production, and maintenance of Low Observable (LO) platforms. We are currently looking for Stealth / Low Observable / Radar Cross Section (RCS) / Signature / Survivability Engineers to work on exciting and challenging projects.
This position can be filled at a Principal Survivability Engineer (Level 3) or Senior Principal Survivability Engineer (Level 4) based on qualifications listed below.
We need your help to engineer at the edge of the impossible!
We would like you to bring your experience in design integration, product support or antenna integration to assist our highly skilled an innovative team.
· Use the latest classified cutting-edge technology to reduce the detectability of aircraft in the electromagnetic, infrared, visual and acoustic spectrums.
· Predict the performance of your design using proprietary analysis codes.
· Get you hand dirty and verify your prediction and the design by building and testing physical models.
· Optimize the design for Stealth while meeting the requirement of all other engineering disciplines.
· Take Responsibility for achieving customer goal and balancing the design in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment.
· Thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and extensive collaboration.
· Demonstrated skills and knowledge in Stealth (design integration, product support or antenna integration).
· Must have an active DoD Secret (or higher) clearance.
· A Special Access Program (SAP)/Program Access Request (PAR) will be initiated on the selected candidate and must be active before a start date can be established.
· Educational/ Experience Requirements:
o Principal Survivability Engineer: Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline AND 5 years of related professional/military engineering experience, OR a Master’s degree AND 3 years of related professional/military engineering experience.
o Senior Principal Survivability Engineer: Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline AND 9 years of related professional/military engineering experience, OR a Master’s degree AND 7 years of related professional/military engineering experience, OR a Ph.D. AND 0 years of related professional/military engineering experience.
· Demonstrated Knowledge and Experience using the latest classified cutting-edge technology to reduce the detectability of aircraft in the electromagnetic, infrared, visual and acoustic spectrums.
· Experience with Northrop Grumman proprietary computational electromagnetic analysis codes or similar computational electromagnetic analysis codes used by our competitors or customers.
· Complete understanding and capability to plan and implement Radio Frequency (RF) modeling and testing of complex classified targets at nations premier indoor/outdoor RCS/RF test facility.
· Working knowledge of the requirements of other supporting engineering disciplines to help in achieving optimization of Stealth goals and a balanced design.
· Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills to enable effective personal interaction and collaboration with a multi-disciplined team and customers.
· Knowledge of Applied Electromagnetics / Aircraft Survivability, and a Comprehensive understanding of Electromagnetic Energy transmission though space and within materials.
· The ability to post process complex electromagnetic data to identify and exploit trends to help our aircraft vanish from the RADAR screen.
· Master’s degree in physics, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field.
· A current active U.S. Government in-scope DoD Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access (PAR/SAP).
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.