Ground Operations Manager 1
Requisition ID: R10119247
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Emerado, North Dakota, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) has a leadership role, seeking Ground Operations Manager 1 to join our team in support of the Global Hawk Rangehawk program. This position will be located at our Grand Sky Autonomous Capabilities Center in Grand Sky, ND.
Our Grand Sky Autonomous Capabilities Center pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences, all to provide a decisive advantage to the warfighter. For more information about the Grand Forks region, see www.GrandForksIsCooler.com. Come be a part of our mission!
The Global Hawk Range Hawk program requires a Ground Operations Manager to lead aircraft maintenance and aircraft modification at our Grand Sky facility.
Roles and responsibilitles include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all facets of aircraft maintenance and modification, such as scheduling of people and events, execution, tracking, technical troubleshooting, and reporting.
- Responsible for estimating and forecasting labor, training, material, and equipment needed to perform task objectives.
- Coordinate with manufacturing, engineering and mission/quality assurance to ensure aircraft maintenance and modification records are documented as required to achieve ground readiness for airworthiness release.
- Effectively communicate required resources and equipment, schedule and budget, and task execution to program management, site leadership, and customer/government representatives as required.
- As the program and team grows, there is potential this role will include functional homeroom duties for a team of technicians which include: attending functional staff meetings, management of personnel (performance reviews, goal setting and coaching), coordination of job assignments, staffing, recruiting, developing process improvement plans and providing input.)
- The Section Manager duties would require 10-20% of the manger’s time.
- Expected to understand all applicable site and company procedures in regard to ground and flight operations to ensure a safe and effective environment.
- Expected to have excellent communication skills and be capable of working in a matrix environment with multiple sources of management guidance. Candidates must be able to support occasional travel.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
Must have a Bachelor Degree and 3 years of related work experience OR High School Diploma and 7 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree
Must have an active Secret Clearance
Must be able to travel ~10% of the time
Must have prior management/leadership experience.
Working knowledge of unmanned air vehicles
Experience conducting aircraft ground operations including maintenance and modifications for military jet aircraft
Experience performing and leading activities that comply with DCMA Work Instruction 8210, AFI 21.101, or comparable aircraft controlled operating procedures
Familiarity with aircraft paint booth operations
Experience interacting with government, military, or other organizations and/or personnel
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.