Sentinel (GBSD) Life Cycle Engineer/ Principal Life Cycle Engineer – 5090-2
Requisition ID: R10090339
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Life Cycle Engineer/ Principal Life Cycle Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program. This position may be filled at either level of the role, to be determined by experience profile and competencies.
What You’ll Get To Do:
Specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for performing Life Cycle Cost (LCC), Design to Cost (DTC), Cost as an Independent Variable (CAIV) and Cost Reduction Initiative (CRI) analyses.
- Analytical tools/approaches leveraged include commercial/Gov’t parametric models, such as PRICE and SEER, as well as custom developed parametric determining correlation between operational or technical requirements and cost.
- Experience developing complex cost models using advanced cost estimating techniques as well as excellent interpersonal skills required to solicit input, synthesize data, and communicate results to various levels of leadership.
- Leadership skills are required to lead and mentor more junior team members and interns.
- The analysis performed is done in a non-advocacy manner representing the organization as an “honest broker” providing credible cost analysis.
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Life Cycle Engineer: Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with 2 years of related; 0 Years with Masters.
- Principal Life Cycle Engineer: Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with 5 years of related; 3 Years with Masters.
- Active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 6 years.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Special Access Program (SAP)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Master's in business (Finance, Accounting, Administration, or similar) from an accredited university with 2-3+ years of related experience or Master's of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an accredited university with 2-3+ years of related experience.
- Active Top Secret security clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.