Sentinel - Project Manager Engineer (10573, 10574, 10575)
Requisition ID: R10123616
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SAP
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 3
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Project Manager Engineer in support of the Sentinel program. This position will be located in Roy, UT. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities, and associated infrastructure. This position may be filled at a higher level based on qualifications listed below.
What You’ll Get To Do:
This position will be responsible for executing scope in the Change Management organization and coordinating with responsible engineers to bring needed changes to board. This role will work closely with the Chief Engineers office and with IPTs to gather impacts while performing technical review of changes within their purview and guiding said changes to implementation.
- Plans and executes schedules for change package development and approval cycle to meet mission needs.
- Prepares lists of materials, accessories, and parts following engineering and design blueprints and examines blueprints, identifies parts code, computes quantity needed, and lists total material requirements including routing, and special handling instructions.
- Coordinates with Configuration Management organization to verify path forward for implementation.
- Balances current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Prepare and publish status reports to various programs.
- Technical impact assessment, planning and strategy for change implementation.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
This position may be filled at an Associate Engineer level or Engineer level
- This position requires a degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline
- A minimum 1 year of related experience is required with a Bachelor's degree for an Associate Engineer level position; 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree is required for an Engineer level
- US citizenship and an Active DoD Secret Clearance obtained/renewed within 6 years, and must also be eligible to obtain Special Program Access (SAP)
- Demonstrated experience with project management fundamentals
- Experience with MS Office
- Experience presenting and able to present to project and program management, other technical managers, and customers
- Experience with technical writing
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Understanding of systems engineering principles and processes
- Direct experience using the DOORS Requirements Management Database
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering concepts and Subcontractor technical oversight experience
- 1 year of project management experience
- Team building skills
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility within work assignments
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.