Sentinel (GBSD) - Resident Engineer/Principal Resident Engineer - 10679*
Requisition ID: R10127609
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 3
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Resident Engineer/Principal Resident Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Sentinel Program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
The Resident Engineer will be familiar with the construction subcontracts, cost estimating, scheduling, safety, and quality.
The Sentinel Facility Design Team oversees the design of the facilities that support the future upgrade to the Minuteman III missiles as well as the unique flight test facilities. This role is part of the team responsible for defining the facility requirements of the new weapon system and ensuring they are incorporated into the facility designs. Therefore, those who join us have the privileged of learning every aspect of this program, from the interfaces with the Missile, to the plans and procedures required to execute construction for the United States Air Force. A large part of this job also includes engagement with the program partner, Engineering, Procurement and Construction firm.
There is something for everyone on this team including design review, analysis, modeling, system engineering, test planning, scheduling, and risk management. Selected individuals will gain exposure to all these aspects as well as focusing on the tasks best suited to them.
What You’ll Get To Do:
Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
- Coordination between facility design and field construction. Including but not limited to schedule and design decisions.
- Effectively process subcontractor submittals in accordance with both the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Sentinel Infrastructure protocols
- Be very familiar with the quality inspections process
- Be very familiar with the site-specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP)
- Closely track the construction project schedule
- Interface with customer representative as required
- Maintain a daily construction log
- Encourage, lead, and/or participate in staff training and development
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This position can be filled as either level 2 or a level 3.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Level 2: 2 Years of relevant experience with a Bachelors Degree; 0 Years with a Masters Degree (4 years of additional relevant experience can be considered in lieu of degree).
- Level 3: 5 Years of relevant experience with a Bachelors Degree; 3 Years with a Masters Degree; 0 Years with a PhD (4 years of additional relevant experience can be considered in lieu of degree).
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP).
- Documentable training and field experience on construction products including industrial, aerospace or defense projects.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience in Mechanical Systems Design or Construction
- Experience in Electrical Systems Design or Construction
- Experience in large scale construction management or construction trade preferably on Department of Defense and/or missile contracts.
- Must be able to present a professional demeanor while dealing with both subcontractors, clients and peers.
- Ability to process a large volume of construction submittals and Requests for Information (RFI).
- Prior experience on large-scale projects with tight deadlines.
- Prior experience on projects with limited work space available.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.