Sentinel (GBSD) STT LDOT Deputy Manager 3 - 10871
Requisition ID: R10130130
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a STT LDOT Deputy (Manager 3). This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel – Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
This position will be responsible to the Lab Design Operation & Test (LDOT) Sub IPT Director and serve as their deputy for all LDOT matters. This includes helping oversee the Lab Design, Lab Operations, System Test Integrators, Model Based Engineering (MDSE), Test Tools and Automation, Technician teams, and System Test Engineers. The selected individual will develop the LDOT tactical approach taken from the director’s strategic vision and lead the team in successfully executing that approach. The selected individual will also be expected lead LDOT in meeting customer SOW requirements and company objectives, within budget and schedule constraints.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage a cross functional leadership team, and an organization including systems engineers, test engineers, software engineers, mechanical and electrical engineers, among others.
• Help organize and manage various Integrated Functorial Capabilities (IFC) teams
• Operate and lead in fast paced environment, effectively managing prioritizing multiple tasks
• Strong time management and project management skills and a proven record of meeting very aggressive schedules
• Interact with the customer and program leadership to define and maintain the technical baseline.
• Effectively communicate and present to program management, other technical leaders, technical peers, and customers
• Risk and Opportunity Management
• LDOT Cost and Schedule Management - Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Change and Configuration Management – Technical Review Boards, Configuration Control Boards
• Issues Management
• Affordability Initiatives
• Long Range Strategic Planning
• LDOT Long Range Strategic staffing planning and execution
• Major Design Reviews – presentations, exhibits, demos, formal customer CDRL deliveries
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree with at least 8 years of related experience in IPT and/or program management supporting US Government contracts and customers; or Masters degree with at least 6 years of experience in IPT and/or program management supporting US Government contracts and customers.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• 3 years of formal management experience
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• BS/MS STEM Degree Preferred
• US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• Experience in requirements verification and test planning in an MBSE environment
• Experience in program execution and demonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones.
• 5+ years of direct experience leading large teams, projects or programs to successful goal attainment.
• Demonstrated ability to create trusted relationships with customers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders.
• Proven ability to deliver effective communication verbally, written, and through well-crafted presentations across all levels of an organization.
• Prior experience in system level testing environments and test execution efforts
• Experience with risk, issue, and opportunity management
• Earned Value Management Experience (EVMS) experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead complex programs comprised of engineering, business, contracts, law, supply chain, production, and mission/quality assurance disciplines.
• Proven ability to lead a high performing team with evidence of being able to create an inclusive work environment that attracts, retains, and inspires diverse and engaged teams.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.