Sr. Principal Supplier Management Engineer
Requisition ID: R10128295
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Unknown, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 50% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career creating innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas to meet some of the most extreme environments on earth. Northrop Grumman Marine Systems has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in the defense of our nation supporting propulsion programs for aircraft carrier and submarines, as well submarine launched weapons systems. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start.
Do you have experience in manufacturing and project management? If so, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for! If you enjoy challenges, solving complex technical and programmatic issues, and driving issues to resolution, we have design, production and sustainment efforts likely into the year 2080! Do you pride yourself in building relationships with critical suppliers to support on-time quality deliveries? There are plenty of opportunities for domestic travel as you will be the supplier technical advocate and face to face with the suppliers you support on a regular basis.
A Supplier Management Engineer is responsible for oversight of the manufacturing operations of suppliers as well as building and maintaining vendor performance, proactive supplier management planning, and coordinating efforts to keep production moving to assist the programs in meeting their cost, schedule, and technical objectives. We are looking for team players who bring solutions and want learn and mentor others.
- Evaluating and coordinating the resolution of production problems related to engineering, manufacturing operations, design, quality, and materials
- Analyzing engineering specifications and drawings
- Act as primary focal to designated suppliers
- Conferring with Design, Quality, Materials Engineering, Manufacturing, and Global Supply Chain to provide and obtain technical solutions
- Investigating reports of defective, damaged or malfunctioning parts, assemblies, equipment or systems
- Reviewing production schedules and purchase orders
- Assisting with subcontractor evaluations and source selection criteria
- Training and Mentoring supply chain professionals
Having excellent interpersonal communication skills at all levels internally and externally is critical to success in this role. Clear and concise written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail are a must as this position has frequent interactions with the Executive Leadership Team. Organized, self-starters who have a drive for understanding root cause identification.
This position is considered remote with the need to be located in the Pacific or Mountain time-zones to enable same-day travel and on-site availability at suppliers located in the region. Travel expected at ~50% of time, with variability based on program needs.
A qualified individual must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 9 or more years of technical/manufacturing experience including 2 or more years working in a project management role, with demonstrated ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, and quality dispositions.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, with the ability to demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Experience working and interfacing with suppliers
- Clear and concise written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication and interface skills at all levels internally and externally
- 3 Element Approach or equivalent Supplier Management experience
- Must be a US citizen
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
Preferred Qualifications include:
- STEM Degree in a relevant field
- Experience with castings and forgings
- Agile Project Management experience using Confluence and JIRA
- Earned Value Management through Microsoft Project with Quantifiable Backup Data tracking
- SAP experience
- Naval and Marine industry experience
- TPS Lean, Six Sigma, SCRUM, or Industrial Engineering certification
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.