Principal ECAD Librarian (Siemens Expedition)
Requisition ID: R10129821
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Manhattan Beach, California, United States of America | Gilbert, Arizona, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed energy and electronics solutions for national security, military, and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable, and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Principal Electromechanical Engineer to join the Electronics and Payloads’ Product Engineering Department. Product Engineering has an immediate need for an ECAD Engineering Librarian to support the PCB tool Siemens Expedition Enterprise as well as the mechanical tool PTC Creo. Candidate must be detail-oriented and have a background in CAD usage and knowledge of part specs. Experience as a PCB designer a strong plus, must have domain knowledge in electronic components and PCB technology. The librarian will support the entire Product Engineering department, as well as other electrical engineering organizations and Ground Systems. Final job code and salary to be commensurate with candidate’s experience and qualifications.
The position will be located in Manhattan Beach, CA, with the option to work out of Gilbert, AZ. The Product Engineering Department is an organization of ~140 engineers that performs advanced electronic packaging development in support of a variety of products destined for space programs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate good organizational and problem solving skills with an ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- Engage with organizational team members in the identification of process changes to support optimized process design, execution of new processes, and receipt of process improvement initiative feedback.
- Document current library workflows
- Coordinate with librarians to optimize workflows
- Assist in development of process documentation; monitoring, tracking and reporting status of organization initiatives; and may be required to develop performance metrics for initiatives.
- Interface with functional partners, component engineering and program customers to build parts and infrastructure ahead of program need
- Evaluate different process improvement methodologies, techniques, tools for usefulness and “usability”.
- Develop and maintain symbol and cell generation libraries
- Create and review/check library components, symbols, and cells in accordance with established NGC and IPC industry guidelines meeting high levels of accuracy.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment or Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience with 3D CAD and mechanical design
- Experience and familiarity with life cycle management
- Experience in change control procedures and processes
- Experience leading or supporting a team of over 5 employees
- Experience working with different partners across organizations and programs
- Experience with electronic packaging / mechanical design for airborne, space, and ground applications
- Experience with electronics design development and sustaining spanning cradle to grave
- Experience generating and maintaining process documentation
- Knowledge of government project and business rhythms
- Experience with Siemens Xpedition Enterprise DMS and related library tools
- Experience with PTC Intralink and Creo solid modeling tools
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Basic, or a willingness to learn Visual Basic in order to support library automation as well as automation for the entire department.
- Proficiency with electrical design, electronics manufacturing processes and qualification activities
- Proficiency in performing tolerance and interference analyses
- Demonstrated ability facilitating and coaching teams using various continuous process improvement tools/methodologies.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.