Manager Manufacturing Engineering 2
Requisition ID: R10122594
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Defense System has an opening for a Manager Manufacturing Engineering 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Advanced Weapons (AW) business unit. This leadership role is located in Northridge, CA.
The Manager Manufacturing Engineering 2 will be responsible for directing activities of the Manufacturing Engineering organization. These activities are related to missile production. In this role, the selected candidate will also be the Program Manufacturing Engineering focal point for systems transitioning into production, which will include the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Manufacturing Engineers, including Managers and Leads, supporting production requirements.
- Be accountable for all Manufacturing Engineering statement of work for Systems production, which includes, but is not limited to, design manufacturing producibility, tooling, work instruction development, on-site and reach back manufacturing support, execution of engineering rotation plans, and support to system integration labs
- Routinely meet with systems production and engineering Executive Leadership, to build strong relationships, and advise and discuss program strategies and execution plans
- Determine and develop staffing profiles and schedules to meet program requirements
- Lead various internal company and external customer audits to assure process compliance and requirements satisfaction
- Establish and harvest team values and culture with focus on employee engagement, diversity, afirst-time quality
We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement, and respond vigorously to change.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree AND 9 years of related professional/military experience in manufacturing engineering and/or manufacturing technology, OR a Master's Degree AND 7 years; of related professional/ military experience in manufacturing engineering and/or manufacturing technology OR a High School Diploma/GED AND 13 years of related professional/military experience in manufacturing engineering/or manufacturing technology.
- Must have 2 years of prior management/leadership experience.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance (US Citizenship required)
- Must have an active Special Program Access.
- Must have knowledge and experience working with AS6500 - Manufacturing Management Program
- Must have knowledge of AS9145 and the use of APQP
- Must have experience developing Manufacturing Plans per MIL-HDBK-896A Manufacturing Management Program Guide
- 5 years of leadership/management experience
- STEM Degree
- Current Special Program Access
- Program capture execution from EMD through FRP
- A proven track record of developing and implementing strategies for change
- Understanding of Engineering, Tooling, Production, Program Management and GSC Subcontracts processes
- Creo, CostPoint, and Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Understanding of Agile principles and related tools
- Experienced in dynamic environments where there may be schedule changes, design changes and validation failures
- Experience articulating concepts and concerns to technical and non-technical professionals
- Proficient with MS office
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.