Manager Tool Engineering 2
Requisition ID: R10120205
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Palmdale, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Manger Tool Engineering 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Tooling organization. This leadership role is located in Palmdale, CA.
The Manager Tool Engineering 2 will be responsible for designing industrial machinery and equipment, tools, dies, gauges, jigs, fixtures, and machine attachments required for production or experimental use, considering such factors as accessibility, economy, mobility, and performance requirements. This includes leading multi-disciplined teams supporting multiple projects to ensure processes and procedures are maintained and in compliance, as well as meeting quality, cost, and schedule targets to ensure program performance and customer satisfaction. Areas of responsibility will include: Tool Engineering & Design, Prototype and Developmental Tooling, Tooling Procurement, Supplier Management and Cost Management, which will include the following responsibilities:
- Manager will lead and provide oversight and guidance to management team to ensure program objectives specific to quality, cost, schedule, and customer satisfaction targets are met
- The manager will be responsible for the supporting long range plans and strategies to provide the most affordable Tooling products and services in the industry.
- Identify and develop staffing/skills requirements, forecasts, and training plans
- Manager will have Cost Account Manager (CAM) responsibility to program activities and will ensure compliance to EVMS for all direct & indirect budgets.
- Responsible to identify capital asset needs and strategies to build a sustainable Assembly line.
- Responsible to collaborate with other Aeronautics Systems Sector Tooling Management to develop consistent process and procedures to help drive affordability and insure the deployment of best practices across the sector
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement, and respond vigorously to change.
- Must have a Bachelors degree AND 9 years of related professional/military experience in tooling, manufacturing, assembly lines, and/or implementing technology into a production environment OR Master's Degree and 7 years of related professional/military experience in tooling, manufacturing, assembly lines, and/or implementing technology into a production environment.
- Must have 2 years of prior management/leadership experience.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance (US Citizenship required) as well as the ability to obtain and maintain Program Special Access
- Bachelor’s or Master's STEM Degree
- Current and active DOD Secret Clearance
- Previous Supervisory and Management experience in managing large projects, with an emphasis on tooling, manufacturing, assembly lines, and implementing technology into a production environment
- Aerospace or Aviation Industry experience managing tool fabrication organizations & tool fabrication shops, & material procurement
- Candidates should have solid Project Management, Microsoft Office tools, communication and have good presentation skills
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.