Manager Manufacturing Systems Engineering 2
Requisition ID: R10124369
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Palmdale, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Manger Manufacturing Systems Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Advanced Manufacturing Technology and Innovation organization. This leadership role is located in Palmdale, CA.
The Manager Manufacturing Systems Engineer 2 will have the responsibility of defining, developing, implementing, and transitioning new technology solutions to manufacturing to increase efficiency, reduce cost, and improve quality, which will include the following responsibilities:
Manufacturing concept and process solutions for production applications cover advanced technologies including but not limited to composites fabrication, assembly, automation, inspection, direct part manufacturing, LO technologies, as well as digital capabilities.
The role requires incorporation of requirements into development plans and evaluation of performance of processes and tools to verify their efficiency.
In addition, you will identify and initiate corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure R&D contractual obligations (technical, schedule, and cost) are met and product quality is maintained.
In this role, you will provide guidance regarding design concepts, TRL/MRL maturity, and specification requirements to best utilize resources and manufacturing techniques, and ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
This role involves interfacing with internal and external customers, program offices, engineering disciplines, and executive management.
In addition, the role will require the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently in a dynamic/fast-paced work environment.
Budgeting and Project Management skills will be utilized to properly scope and execute assigned work and manage project efforts.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement, and respond vigorously to change.
- Must have a bachelor's degree (STEM) AND 7 years of related professional/military experience in aviation, systems engineering, aerospace or manufacturing/production OR a master's degree AND 5 years of related professional/military experience in aviation, systems engineering, aerospace or manufacturing/production.
- Must have 2-3 years of prior management/leadership experience.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance (US Citizenship required) as well as the ability to obtain and maintain Program Special Access
- Current Special Program Access
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills, decisiveness, and ability to make sound technical judgments with limited information
- Well-versed, skilled, and disciplined in system engineering processes
- 5 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Experience with using Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS-Project, Visio)
- Experience in generating requirements, specifically, the ability to turn vague customer needs or stakeholder inputs into requirements.
- Experience working with IPTs, other stakeholders, and various customers such as Air Force and Navy
- Experience in Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Prior experience operating in a dynamic environment of increasing production schedules and high delivery rates
- Siemens NX, TcE, CPLM, SAP, and Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Experience with production assembly/fabrication and/or production manufacturing operations
- Technical Writing capability
- Project / Program Management skills (proposal creation, scheduling, budget tracking)
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.