Requisition ID: R10127332
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Palmdale, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our executive admin team and support our growing portfolio.
- Position is located in Palmdale, CA
- Requires someone to come into the office, cannot accommodate a hybrid/telecommute schedule.
- Schedule is 9/80, with every other Friday OFF!
Working in a liaison capacity, a Manufacturing Engineer provides shipside support to the Manufacturing Technicians and Quality Inspectors (Work Orders, Drawings, Process Specifications, Procedures, Technical Orders and Tooling). Creates and revises Work Orders (planning), detailing sequential steps / operations for removing / reinstalling aircraft components and modifying the aircraft, utilizing 2D drawings, Process Specifications, manufacturing procedures and United States Air Force Technical Orders, incorporating inspection and test requirements where applicable. Writes and submits Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and/or Request for Change or Information (RC/I), when issues are found that affect the engineering drawing or Material and Process (M&P) specifications. Inspects performance of equipment and tooling to verify their efficiency. Conceptualizes tools and shop aids, to help streamline component removals and reinstallations. Initiates and investigates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality. Provides guidance to engineering, regarding design concepts and specification requirements, to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques. Ensures processes and procedures comply with regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
General frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks.
Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned.
Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Works under general supervision.
Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or inadequate work product should be detected by supervisory oversight but may cause delay in program schedules and allocation of additional resources.
Primarily internal company contacts, infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
Typical Minimum Education / Experience
3 Years with Bachelor's of Science; 1 Years with Masters.
• Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree and 3 years of experience, 1 years with master's degree
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Experience reading and interpreting 3D models and Engineering drawings/blueprints
• Must have the ability to interface/communicate with multiple levels of leadership
• Active in-scope DOD Secret security clearance that has been granted / renewed within the past 5 years
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access
•Experience in planning/scheduling, process development, quality, or production experience in aerospace, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment
•Experience creating work instructions and visual aids
•Experience creating procedures or process manuals
•Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and Bill of Materials (BOM)
• Experience working with Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
• Experience working with Systems Applications and Products (SAP)
• Experience using CATIA or other 3D modeling system
• Current Special Program Access
Salary range: $77,100 - $115,700
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.