Principal Engineer Structural
Requisition ID: R10116162
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Engineer Structural to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our South Bay Vehicle Engineering organization. The selected candidate will fulfill the role of a Thermal Analysis Engineer. This position is located in Redondo Beach, CA.
- Responsible for applying technical principles, theories, and concepts of heat transfer to design and analysis of new systems.
- Responsible for performing thermal analysis using software (MSC SINDA, SINDA/FLUINT, Thermal Desktop) to solve a variety of technical problems.
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines and documenting thermal analyses and designs.
- Reporting analysis results and design specifics to internal management and external customers when necessary.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 5 years of STEM related engineering experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of experience or STEM PhD with 0 years of experience.
- Experience using thermal analysis tools such as (MSC SINDA, SINDA/FLUINT, Thermal Desktop)
- Must have an ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Must have an ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access (PAR/SPA).
- A current active in-scope U.S. Government issued DoD Secret security clearance or higher is required to start, with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access (PAR/SPA).
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.