Manager Manufacturing Engineering 2
Requisition ID: R10128720
- Category: Engineering
- Location: San Diego, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Manager Manufacturing Engineering 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Manufacturing Engineering organization. This leadership role is located in San Diego, CA.
The Manager Manufacturing Engineer 2 will be responsible for taking the product design and converting it into a sequence of detailed assembly/ manufacturing instructions, which will include the following responsibilities:
Create new and modify existing assembly/ manufacturing instructions with necessary operations to support build sequence, while also including specifications/quality requirements and maintaining a bill of material (BOM)
Provide guidance to Design Engineering during drawing reviews regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques; and to identify any manufacturability challenges or changes required ahead of drawing release.
Investigate and initiate corrective action to ensure product quality; resolve quality issues that arise during the build process to ensure all parts conform to the design configuration.
Develop tooling / fixtures to conduct the operations steps and to serve as manufacturing aids for technicians.
Manufacturing Engineers for Aeronautics Systems are expected to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and difficult problems.
They are problem solvers who have the ability to provide results that are innovative, thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives.
The ideal candidate will be able to work individually as well as collaborate with a diverse group of individuals, work tactically, but with an eye towards future strategy, and exhibit solid communication skills while acting as the technical representative voice for Operations.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement, and respond vigorously to change.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) AND 7 years of related work experience in production assembly/fabrication including composites, metallic, coatings application, and/or production manufacturing operations OR Master's Degree in STEM AND 5 years of experience in production assembly/fabrication including composites, metallic, coatings application, and/or production manufacturing operations OR PhD STEM with 2 years of experience in production assembly/fabrication including composites, metallic, coatings application, and/or production manufacturing operations
- Must have 2 year of prior management/leadership experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Operations
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance (US Citizenship required) as well as the ability to obtain and maintain Program Special Access
- Ability to work 1st shift "7am-4:30pm" and any work schedule (times may vary)
- Understanding of Engineering, Tooling, Production, Program Management and GSC Subcontracts Processes.
- Experienced in dynamic environments where here may be schedule changes, design changes and validation failures.
- Experience with Earned Value Management and CAM
- Must have a complete understanding of aircraft operations and maintenance as well as a through knowledge of aircraft scheduling.
- Experience working hands-on in a production assembly line environment
- Experience providing innovative techniques focused on improving product designs and tooling assemblies or equipment
- Complex assembly or composite experience and process knowledge
- Current access to Advanced Programs
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.