Engineer CAD CAM
Requisition ID: R10126454
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Woodland Hills, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
A CAD CAM Engineer conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with circuit designers and/or product line engineers in the design, development, and utilization of software to create a representation of components, modules, or complete products for the electrical tool library. Determines user needs; advises hardware designers on characteristics that affect electrical design documentation such as schematics, printed circuit boards, wiring diagrams and cable harness drawings and wire lists.
The candidate should be self-motivated and detailed oriented with experience working with engineering design software tools and libraries. The candidate will collaborate with electrical, components, manufacturing and other engineering disciplines in the development of hardware and software.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of professional experience and a minimum of 4 years of experience working with printed circuit board library and electrical component descriptions.
- Experience using the Cadence Allegro ECAD design tools.
- Ability to apply engineering techniques and analytical methods to make recommendations for improvements and influencing other to action who are not direct reports.
- Ability to support multiple projects concurrently based on priority and criticality. Self-starter with the ability to Independently resolve issues and deliver results.
- US Citizenship is required and the candidate must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance following hire.
- Experience developing scripts for a Linux environment.
- Familiar with Siemens Electrical Design Automation (EDA) Xpedition
- Understanding electrical and mechanical engineering design practice
- Experience using SolidWorks mechanical design tool.
- Proven track record supporting the Teamcenter software in an enterprise environment with multiple geographically dispersed instances.
- Broad understanding of configuration management (CM) principles and methods
- Familiarized with different bills of material (BOM) (e.g. CAD-BOM, EBOM, MBOM)
- Working knowledge of computer system infrastructure (e.g. database and server management, VMs, Cloud, etc.)
- An active or current DoD Secret Clearance or higher
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.