Principal Engineer Process
Requisition ID: R10120618
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Designs and plans layouts for such processes as hardening, washing, laminating, etching, engraving, polishing, painting, plating, and other material-processing operations. Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for cutting, shaping, and otherwise preparing basic material, exercising judgment in compromising between conflicting requirements, economic evaluation of methods, and operator effectiveness and comfort. Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over such variables as temperature, density, specific gravity, pressure, and viscosity. Establishes and submits processing requirements to be met in designing and acquiring processing equipment.
- Support production issues related to adhesives, potting/encapsulation materials, and like processes.
- Various testing methods may include:
- Mechanical testing
- Thermal analysis
- Chemical analysis
- Material evaluation
- Failure analysis
- Perform cross-section analysis
- X-ray inspection
- Support Operations, Procurement, Engineering, and Supply Chain Processes
- Learn and work with a broad range of lab equipment
- Troubleshoot production hardware to determine the root cause of failures
- Work with suppliers to resolve technical hardware issues.
- Support production floor operators and test technicians in a timely fashion
- Optimize processes to reduce cost and increase throughput.
- Support hardware integration and test
- Create engineering documentation (test reports and test procedures)
- Support transition technologies from design to production
Basic Qualifications Principal Engineer Process:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or materials sciences and 5+ years of related work experience
- Experience presenting complex technical concepts to non-technical personnel.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Circuit analysis
Preferred Qualifications Principal Engineer Process:
- Experience troubleshooting systems and hardware.
- Experience using National Instruments Labwindows/CVI or Labview
- Experience with networking and troubleshooting test stations and computers.
- Experience with setting up test stations.
- Experience with correlation studies
- Experience with optical systems
- Experience with fiber optics and/or laser test equipment
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.