2024 Associate Industrial Engineer/Industrial Engineer – Pathways Program – Baltimore, MD
Requisition ID: R10130392
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We’re looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we’ll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Industrial Engineers. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Baltimore, MD. This position will be in the Pathways rotational program where there will be three rotation opportunities within Operations.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Manufacturing Operations Engineering and Analysis Organization. The candidate will be assigned to a manufacturing cell, paired with an experienced lead Industrial engineer (IE), with the expectation of gaining the skills and experience to lead the Industrial Engineering support and activities for a manufacturing cell.
A cell IE works closely with the cell leadership team to:
- Monitor labor performance and develop plans for improvement
- Monitor capital resource loading and develop plans for capacity management
- Coordinate facility capital plan execution
- Define and document process designs (product routings)
- Use and maintain models for standard work assignment
- Lead Continuous Improvement activities (e.g. 5-S, VSM, 6-Sigma)
- May establish or assist in establishing accident prevention measures
- May manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations
This requisition may be filled at either a level 1 or a level 2. Basic qualifications for an Industrial Engineer 1 are a Bachelor’s Degree. Basic qualifications for an Industrial Engineer 2 are a Master’s Degree.
A candidate must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) from an accredited institution.
- Be majoring in or having majored in Industrial Engineering or a closely related major.
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite).
- The ability to obtain Special Access Program within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher.
- Experience with SAP or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Experience in defense, aerospace, or automotive industries.
- Technical experience working in a manufacturing/production environment.
Level 1 Salary: $60,900 - $91,300
Level 2 Salary: $73,600 - $110,400
For a broader consideration, please consider completing a profile in our campus candidate community. By clicking on the link below your resume will be visible to recruiters and hiring managers across Northrop Grumman with opportunities nationwide for our internship and entry-level positions.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.