Mgr Hardware Engineering 3
Requisition ID: R10125237
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Buffalo, New York, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
The Electronic Warfare & Targeting organization within the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
What You’ll Get To Do:
We are looking for you to join our team as the Hardware Engineering Department Manager based out of Buffalo/Amherst, NY. In this role, you will lead a highly competent engineering management team comprised of the four diverse engineering disciplines: Digital Circuits/Firmware Engineering, RF/Microwave/Analog Engineering, Mechanical Engineering/Design/Drafting and Hardware Configuration Management/Documentation Control. This role is 50% Department Manager and 50% program direct.
Our highly talented & diverse team of 45+ engineers provide the technical expertise required to design, develop and test the hardware building blocks used by the Combat Electromagnetic Environment Simulators (CEESIMs) manufactured on site. This state-of-the-art equipment is used to train our warfighters and test the EW equipment they count on during their missions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide the people, processes, and tools required to meet the current and future needs of the programs and technologies within the Amherst OU portfolio, focusing on program performance, supporting business development and technology development activities, employee development, staffing and recruiting, performance management, and process and product development.
- Champion and participate in our exemplary engineering organization, focusing on maintaining our standards of high performance, refining our processes, and maintaining strong customer relations.
- Contribute to our functional teams as needed and must be able to demonstrate success in applying leadership characteristics to achieve sustainable top performance. This includes a strong commitment to ethics and integrity along with the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
- Balance programmatic needs to deliver results within cost, schedule, and quality parameters while encouraging and rewarding innovative behaviors through all levels of the organization.
- Build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are essential.
- Influence the direction of technology discriminators, including identifying and championing change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business
- Bachelor's degree in STEM with a minimum of 10 years of technical experience in any combination of Hardware, Digital/Firmware Engineering, or related experience, or a master’s degree in STEM with a minimum of 8 years of stated experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical management experience in functional environments.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing organizational budgets.
- Working knowledge of Program Execution, Staffing, Engineering Metrics and Training resources, Processes, and Tools.
- Ability for infrequent travel (<10%).
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) secret clearance.
- Experience with leading & managing front line managers (manager of managers).
- Experience leading in multi-functional team environments.
- 10 years of design engineering and product delivery of digital/RF hardware including use of CAD tools and engineering analysis.
- Experience with digital & RF technologies used to create complex RF signal environments in order to support the development, use and testing of Electronic Warfare Systems.
- Experience with the design, operation, and use of the CEESIM or JTE RF Simulation products.
- Active U.S. DOD Secret Clearance
- Master’s degree in engineering, MBA, Engineering Leadership, or equivalent.
- Experience in Program Management with profit & loss responsibility.
- Prior experience with Teamcenter Mission Product Lifecycle Management (MPLM).
- Experience in a Department of Defense (DoD) environment.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.