Sr Principal Engineer Manufacturing
Requisition ID: R10124769
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Clearfield, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has openings for Sr. Principal Manufacturing Engineers to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The selected candidates will support process design and respond to production issues related to aircraft manufacturing (composite layup, cure, machining, assembly, metallic assembly, and subsystems). These positions are located at our Clearfield, Utah facility.
Many individuals have a desire to work on secured military programs, but they lack the required DoD clearance. This posting employs the Northrop Grumman Talent Reserve process which enables qualified applicants to obtain a DoD clearance, thus enabling them to work on secure programs.
Want to work on the cutting edge of aerospace? Come join us!
- Develops manufacturing process structure – instructions, materials, tooling, equipment, and software required to fabricate the product.
- Identifies process improvements, captures feedback from Operations, and incorporates into the manufacturing process.
- Creates and maintains the planning work instructions.
- Reviews design changes and specification changes and ensures they are captured in the manufacturing process.
- Promptly responds to technical issues that arise on the production floor utilizing work instructions, design models, and specifications.
- Clarifies work instructions to Operations and crafts modifications as needed.
- Leads multifunctional teams to solve production issues.
- Documents issues and disseminates information to core manufacturing engineering for incorporation into future releases.
- Resolves issues by collaborating with other resource groups as needed.
- Gets involved in MRB repairs and special processes to assist Operations as needed.
- Performs PFMEA and RCCA investigations.
- Creates and maintains MBOMs.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced work environment with diverse assignments. Our team is highly collaborative, working in team settings across all levels and subject areas including operations, design engineering, supply chain, and mission assurance. We enjoy working in a production environment and being hands on to solve problems that influence company performance.
Positions are available on day, night, and weekend shifts. Night and weekend shifts include a pay differential.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) with 9 years of experience in engineering and/or manufacturing processes OR a Masters of Science Degree in a STEM discipline with 7 years of experience in engineering or manufacturing processes OR a PhD in a STEM discipline with 4 years of experience in engineering or manufacturing processes
- Experience in manufacturing engineering or design engineering
- Experience with aircraft composites layup, material curing, and trim processes
- Experience with aircraft assembly of composite, aluminum, and titanium components
- Project leadership experience
- Experience with PDM, MRP, and EWI business systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance prior to start.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access Clearance prior to start.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with NX11
- GD&T experience in aircraft manufacturing
- Liaison / Floor production engineering experience
- Experience with formal root cause and corrective action processes (PFMEA, Fault Tree, etc.)
- Special Program Access
- Experience in manufacturing industry
What We Offer:
At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge of innovation -- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, phenomenal learning opportunities, and exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a great 401K matching program, and 14 Employee Resource Groups inclusive of all employees!
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.