Manager Manufacturing Engineering 2
Requisition ID: R10126830
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Clearfield, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector is looking for a Manager Manufacturing Engineering 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be in Clearfield, Utah where technology and teamwork come together.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing Engineering / Tooling organization working in a collaborative environment while promoting a positive and proactive teamwork environment.
- Lead a team of Manufacturing Engineers for the creation of manufacturing bill of materials, manufacturing processes and procedures, and production layouts
- Design sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance
- Adapt machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions
- Incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan
- Inspect performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality
- Develop manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control and may develop those techniques
- Provide mentorship to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques
- Ensure processes and procedures are compliant with regulations and engineering specifications
- Drive the team to support the production floor in a liaison role. These activities include answering assist calls from technicians, processing of MRB tags, performing root cause corrective action, and be responsive to keep production moving
- Be a technical liaison and support to other functions within the programs and is an integral member of the ME homeroom
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 9 years of related experience, OR a Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) with 7 years of related experience
- Two years prior leadership experience in a managerial, supervisory, or lead capacity
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance and special program access within a reasonable period of time as determined by the needs of the business
- Current DOD Secret Clearance or higher
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience operating in a dynamic environment of increasing production schedules and high delivery rates
- Siemens NX, Team Center, SAP, and Manufacturing Execution
- System Integration and Test equipment and techniques into production lines
- Composite bonded structure and assemblies (Composite skins and assemblies SOW)
- Low Observable manufacturing techniques
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills to communicate effectively at all levels of management and to individual contributors
What We Offer:
At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge of innovation -- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, phenomenal learning opportunities, and exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a great 401K matching program, and 14 Employee Resource Groups inclusive of all employees!
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.